What's your next mileage goal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Krypton

I'm itching to get a day off and out on the bike to try and break the 75 mile barrier, and just wondered - now that summer is here - if any of you have a goal you're looking to achieve?

Doesn't have to be monster mileage either - maybe your first 5 miles if you're a newbie or building up your fitness/toughening your saddle area ... :ohmy: ... lol

darkstar

I've never done a 100 miler, done over 80 but now it's summer i'd liker to push on up to 150 miles by September. :ohmy:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
150 miles for me. Hopefully on the Loughborough to London ride.
Best this year so far is 141 on the FNRttC to Whitstable and back.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I did a century about 2 years back, and I'm thinking this summer could be another.
Last year I did an overnight ride - a FNRttC. It was was a goal, certainly, but I'm not itching to do another.
I've never been so tired.

OP
OP
K

Krypton

hackbike 666 said:
I did 151.2 miles in a day in the late 90's don't think I will beat that now.

Wow ... I'd love to do something like that but I'm not fit enough. :ohmy:

Hell of a goal to aim for though ... :smile:

Shaun

Founder
I fell four miles short when I last tried a 100 miler (knee blew out), but I'm hoping that riding back to Hull after this coming Friday's FNRttC will get me over the 100 mark ... :ohmy:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The aim this weekend see what I feel like on the day for the FNRttc. Theoretically could be as many as 197 miles but it's more likely to end up 66 miles or about 140 miles more likely, either which is the greatest distance this year. I would be happy with either as not done any big rides this year, reasonable total mileage.

Keith Oates

Janner
I was happy just to complete 52Km yesterday after suffering a heavy cold for over a week but have not done a 100 Km ride so far this year let alone a 100 mile distance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
75 miles on a day trip to Amsterdam this September, I hope. All on the flat.

I hope to make 3000 total in 2010. On target so far, but just by doing a lot of short rides, rather than epic ones. Slowly, of course.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Did my only century last summer, over a fairly flat route.
Would like to repeat it on a slightly hillier route.
And maybe do the long ride at a (carefully chosen!) Sportive - one with not too many steep bits!

Top Bottom