What's your RiTMO rating?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

the_mikey

Legendary Member

My thoughts are this: They're trying to sell training plans, in order to sell plans they need to create an aspirational goal, ie, get that RiTMO rating down. It's not entirely clear how they're calculating RiTMO, but I'm unlikely to turn in a ride which will register improvement on the RiTMO scale without following some sort of plan to distort my normal pattern and style of riding.

Reactions: gaz

Ningishzidda

I display 'Avg Spd' on a simple computer ( the lightest I could find ) and eyeball it as I cross the finish line on TTs.
I do a quick mental calculation to see if the timekeeper's result agrees with my Avg Spd. Or the other way round ^_^ ;)

I do a quick approximation of any wind assistance / hindrance and compare my final result with the last ride on that course.

Carrying Garmins and / or Mobile phones is ADDING WEIGHT.

On the other end of the See Saw, I accept the time written on my Brevet Card when I finish an Audax.
To get an estimation of how well I've ridden, I use :-
( 25 kcals per km, + 25 kCals per 100 m climbing ) / time.
Its not absolute. Its a quick method of gauging my kCals/min exertion during a ride, and comparing it with past rides.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
:laugh: I think I need more practice on the hybrid, or to get a road bike, 19.6 was my best score :shy:

RiTMO Score: 19.6
Distance: 21.2 miles
Time: 01:29:06
Avg Speed: 14.2 mph
Elevation Gain: 318 m

Top Bottom