What's your top speed for flat road?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Squire
There is a very easy way of increasing the reading on your speedo for those that would like higher numbers. Just put two magnets on the wheel, simples.
 

HovR

Guru
Location
Plymouth
There's a ford Sierra still running?

I know of a guy who has a regular Sierra, and a nice looking Cosworth Sierra - Both running by the looks of it, although the Cosworth is kept on axle stands with the wheels hidden away until he uses it!
 
32mph and I happily cruise for periods at 21mph.
 

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Location
Barnet,
On a good road surface i can hold 18/19 mph. On a sprint I have passed the signpost into Barnet at 31mph, but I did need a rest after that.:wacko:
 

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You get lots of willy waving on questions like this. I am not suggesting anyone is on this thread, but to get a good feel for how fast people ride take a look at Strava. It gives the elevation at the bottom of the page. Even a couple of % downhill will make a big difference to your speed as will a tail wind, riding in a group and proximity to other faster moving vehicles.
 

Norm

Guest
You get lots of willy waving on questions like this.
And, just to prove it...

About 160, but I can only do that for 30 minutes before I need to stop for fuel.

Or...

About 35, and I'm sure that the road is flat, although I can only do 12 going the other way when it is equally flat.

Or...

About 5mph, but that's more a ploughed field than a road.

Or... well, a few other examples (wind assistance, starting etc) have appeared on the thread to show what a bizarre and ultimately fruitless question it is.
 
Top Bottom