Wheel advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigAl68

Über Member
Hi,

Currently building up a steel frame which is 130mm at the rear and have my eye on some 120mm campagnolo hub wheels. Is this to big a difference to make up with washers?

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
I'm no expert and in theory the wheel will fit and function. What you may have difficulty with is the rear derallieur.

There is only so much movement that you may end up not hitting all your gears. Again you could change the derallieur for a more modern one which should give you more width but it's then a chasing game with adding other parts to make one fit.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
I have just noticed it's 122 hubs so maybe not such a big issue. I will be running a 5 or 6 speed with golden arrow so maybe I go for it. Saying that can't actually buy them until payday next Tuesday

midlife

Guru
Don't remember 122mm. I thought the jump from 120mm was to 126mm..........memory pretty fuddled at my age though LOL

Shaun

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Shaun,

Think I will do a bit more looking at various wheels as I really want some large flange tubulars and found a few nice pairs for sale. 126mm would be better and if I can find some 130mm then they will be a no brainer

Top Bottom