Wheel Alignment with SRAM Apex 1 disc brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FortheFold 2020

Hi there,

I'm looking for advice with my current conundrum... I'm currently changing a set of 700c road wheels for a set of 650b gravel. On the front I'm limited with what I can change due to the forks and I have bought a 15mm x 100mm front hub with 6 bolt rotors. The first problem I had was that the hub cone ends have an outer diameter of 21mm (standard MTB) and I can only house an OD of 19mm with the fork lips. Searching high and low I've picked up some end caps that will reduce the 15mm thru axle to 12mm (good start) and reduces the end cones to 19mm so will fit in the fork lips. All moving in the right direction, apart from the end caps are 3.5mm width each side, pushing the 100mm hub to 107mm. While the forks can handle this flex each side, it means the disc rotor isn't aligned. So the question, by adding 7mm (3.5mm each side) with the end caps, how many millimetre spacers do I need to use for the rotor so I can do straight swaps without need to adjust the disc brake calliper. Answers on a postcard! Any advice welcome

Thanks

Top Bottom