Wheel building with a dynohub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkN5075

Hello All, Im currently attempting my first wheel build. However, after removing the old spokes from the wheel i noticed they were 2 different lengths. I dont recall if the shorter spokes came from the large flange side or the smaller side. Can someone point me in the right direction. Many thanks 😊

Attachments

• 16342793739008699200852518702976.jpg
    16342793739008699200852518702976.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 25

si_c

Guru
Shorter spokes from the larger flange side. Do you remember the original lacing pattern?

Good luck :okay:

Gunk

Guru
I’ve stripped and rebuilt quite a few wheels, golden rule is always to take plenty of photos before stripping the wheel.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I have a non-shiny one in the shed. If you ignore the prodigious weight, their 1.8W will drive most modern LEDs easily.

I'm a little out of practice, it's been some years since I last built a wheel, but I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this already... Unless the new hub happens by chance to have identical measurements to your old hub, you might need new spokes anyway? Or is the the original hub? If so, it's in remarkable condition! Which then begs the question, why the rebuild? Good luck and have fun!

Top Bottom