Wheel building.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
I have built hundreds in my time; I still find it very satisfying.

These days I often build something with deep rims and relatively few spokes as that is what many now want. I confess I still prefer something along the lines of 32h Campagnolo hubs on a Mavic Open Pro rims

Nibor

Bewildered
I have a wheel I re rimmed that I have built several times and I built a set for a friend very theraputic I have a set I bought for my birthday to build H SON PLUS archetype on Novatec with DT Swiss Spokes, going to enjoy this. Learned from the Roger Musson ebook very good.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I am wanting a pair of Sun Rhyno 36 spoke 700cc touring wheels with a decent dynamic hub up front. Any idea what sort of cash I'm looking at?

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
I like the simplicity of your truing stand... :becool:
So do I, over the years I have tried many different varieties, often very expensive and elaborate, but always I conclude that I prefer my simple version. I have had it 40 years plus, it's a 'Leda' stand, 'Minoura' had a similar model; both discontinued although Minoura still offer alternatives; a brand called 'Red' still offer something very close to my old 'Leda' that I confess I would still buy if I needed one

Last edited:
Top Bottom