Wheel hub cone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andsaw

Got shimano R501 wheels, but the rear drive side needs replacing, not the one on the hub but the one that's on the axle, had a look on the internet but can't find any, does anyone know where I might get one or even an equivelant.

Mobytek

Cone nut you're after?

Just seach for a thin 15mm nut - generally nuts come in standard, thin (half depth) and HD double depth.

Hardware store etc.

How come you need a new cone nut????

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Your local bike shop should be able to help. Shimano spares are readily available but from my experience you might have to buy an axle as Shimano seemingly can't be bothered to do the cones seperately (not expensive though)

Alternatively, if you're okay with non-genuine, Wheels Manufacturing make quality replacements for many cones: http://wheelsmfg.com/products/hub-parts/all-cones.html?_=1439152334878&p=1 which your LBS should be able to get.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

Found out the part number and you cant just get the cone, you have to buy the whole axle cones and bearings, so, it should last anther winter then i will evaluate next year.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

Been on both sites before and there's everything for but the 501's, i even contacted a shop selling sundries and even they told me its an complete axle and not a separate cone.

Top Bottom