Wheel Size Help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heigue'r

Veteran
You mean it tells you what you want to hear..?
What do you mean? The review or the sizechart? If I wanted a 29er, I could post a review that favoured the 29er ^_^, likewise with the 26.As i said above there is no way i could tell the difference anyway:laugh:

. Suntour have fallen a long way since the days of XC Pro and Superbe Pro. Even that didn't make it feel too front heavy and it even had a remote lockout.

I think mountain bikes have got a lot shorter lately but the height?

That's not the same Suntour. The name was revived but is an altogether different company. The one was Japanese, the new one Taiwanese. Nevertheless, the Suntour fork range fills a certain niche very well. Yes, they are entry level forks but they are good entry level forks. They are serviceable, and tick all the right pricepoint features. Don't be put off by them. A good cross country fork will cost more than the entire bike you're looking at.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
My own experience has left me with a 26 off roader and a 29 road bike. The theory about the larger wheel rolling better seems to me to be correct, but the type of off roading I do, bridle ways, farm tracks, woodland paths, seem better suited to the smaller, more agile wheel. I can however see the advantage, in some circumstances, of using the bigger wheel off road, for cycle cross perhaps. The 27.5 would be a compromise for somebody wanting to use a bike for both road and off road riding. IMHO none are "the best" and none are "the worst". Its horses for courses. Its a matter of what suits you and your riding needs.

27.5" are only like a 26er with a large volume tyre on a wider rim

Here's a shot on my 26er tandem front wheel next to my 29er+ (29er rime with a 3" Surly Knard tyre) to give you some idea of the scope in tyres currently available on the market today.

13901236815_29c7856c2b.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a Voodoo Hoodoo 26 recently. First mtb since a Giant XTC several years ago that only had for a few months before some scrote stole it.
Pondered a bit over wheel sizes (I'm 6'2") then thought "I'm actually not good enough for it make any real difference. Just get something that fits and ride the bloody thing and enjoy it"

All things are not equal. You have to ride the bike and assess the wheel size together with what you want to do, what you're likely to do and what kind of rider you are. One 26er or 29er will not ride the same as another, your physical size only matters in relation to bike fit, wheel size irrelevant. I recommend you test ride some if possible, hire others at trail centres, borrow a mates, whatever but inform yourself enough to have a preference because once you do, you'll always enjoy riding the bike you've chosen.

Top Bottom