Wheel spacing question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do different factory built wheels (campag freehub) have different spacing between smallest ring on casette and rear dropout? With same casette on 2 different brands of wheels should I always be able to swap wheels without adjusting the rear mech?

EDIT: Not typing on the mobile phone anymore :biggrin: In particular i'm wanting to be able to interchange between Fulcrum 7's and Campag Zonda's and hoping I won't need to adjust the mech every time i swap them.

Tollers

OP
OP
Tollers

Tollers

Guru
OK. Sounds like i've hit on an obscure issue here. Ah well, i've started the process in practice rather than theory and think im right. The position of the highest gear is closer to the droput using the Zondas than the Fulcrum 7's.

The only solution i can think of would be experimenting with shims behind the casette on the Fulcrum. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Tollers

Will1985

Über Member
It's minimal, but I noticed it when I swapped from stock Ambrosios on my Bianchi to Ventos. Can't see the difference with any aftermarket wheels: Ventos, Zondas, Hed Jets, PowerTap.

Given that Campag and Fulcrum wheels are made by the same people I can't imagine there would be a difference.

Top Bottom