Wheelie bins! How many do you have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Uncle Mort said:
The easiest thing is to use a mulching mower that just chops them up into really fine bits and deposits it back on the lawn.

Yes, that is exactly what we do. It makes cutting the grass quicker as well as you do not need to empty the box.

We do not have a wheelie bin. In Edinburgh, we just dropped our bags at the foot of the stair and here in Italy we simply take our bags and drop them with the rest of the rubbish at the side of the dual carriageway!! They are cleared weekly. Rubbish is a mafia controlled activity. You can tell the areas favoured and not favoured by the piles of rubbiish.

MrRidley

Only Greedo could start a thread about wheelie bins, knowing fine well it would turn into 5 or 6 pages, he's sitting back pissing himself laughing no doubt.

KEEF

Veteran
:wahhey:Just got in after working all night I have collected every wheelie bin I could I now have 879 bins in my garden. I declare myself the winner!:biggrin:

Plax

Guru
1 green wheelie bin for regular rubbish.
1 brown wheelie bin for food and garden waste
1 kitchen caddy to put kitchen waste in before it goes in the bigger wheelie bin.
2 blue recycling boxes for the likes of cardboard, glass etc. Currently containing evidence of how much I have started drinking again........(it's actually quite shocking how much you can drink in a week after a hard time at work).

mangaman

Arch said:
Garden Waste is a mystery to me. If you have a garden big enough to generate waste, you have room for a compost bin, surely?

Ditto - what is "garden waste" exactly? I'm guessing grass clippings from cutting the grass and a few small weeds.

I live in a house with a lot of trees overhanging that need chopping back, which is garden waste, and I take to the council tip (It would be too big for a wheelie bin).

I don't have any lawn any more, but when I did I put it on the compost.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I only have two wheelies, I feel a bit inadequate compared to some here. 1 green bin for garden/organic waste, and a normal wheelie for the usual rubbish. I do however have two other recycling boxes, one for paper and bottles, the other for cardboard, tins, engine oil, cooking oils, batteries, car batteries, plastic bottles and plastic containers.

Plax

Guru
mangaman said:
Ditto - what is "garden waste" exactly? I'm guessing grass clippings from cutting the grass and a few small weeds.

I phoned my local council and asked them if I could put woodshavings & hay in. They said yes which is great as I have guinea pigs with a large cage and can chuck all their dirty bedding in the brown bin, complete with the newspapers I line the bottom of the cage with.

I also throw away hedge cuttings in my bin. It's predominantly dirty bedding and grass in mine. I can fill the whole brown bin every 2 weeks full. My green general waste bin in comparison now hardly gets filled. One bin bag about 3/4 full every two weeks usually.

None unless you count the two compost bins at the top of the garden. New Forest District Council still uses bags black for general rubbish, clear for recycled items and a pay for garden waste colection. Every so often the council looks into bins but with a lot of it's area being rural they have not yet deemed it viable.

Top Bottom