Wheelie that lead to two sets of false teeth 😂

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CAESAR AVGVSTVS

I’ve seen some horrible bike accidents, but this one was sort of my fault.
My best friend back in 1978 Could wheelie his bike constantly. He was known for going everywhere on the rear wheel.
One day he got a front wheel puncture and asked me to repair it. I had ten minutes before dinner in which to get it sorted. I repaired the puncture and just as I put the front wheel back on, I got dragged to dinner.
After dinner I could hear a big commotion going on. My friends face and mouth was pouring out blood. He Road off on the bike I repaired, but I had not tightened up the wheel nuts. He pulled a wheelie and his front wheel came off bouncing away in front of him.
He must of panicked and applied the rear brake. As the front forks dug in to the tarmac, he headed for the raised cast iron manhole cover. His mouth was dead centre with the edge of the cover. He lost all his top and bottom sets of teeth.
I’ve always felt guilty for that 🤣

Last edited:

C R

Guru
Sorry, showing my ignorance here, what is a front wheel puncher? Some kind of vintage bike accessory?

C R

Guru
Sorry, showing my ignorance here, what is a front wheel puncher? Some kind of vintage bike accessory?

To those that laughed, my question was genuine, it was only later that I noticed what was going on.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm confused by the injured party needing two sets of false teeth.

One set I could understand, but two?
One set for best and one for everyday use? Or were they a shark?

But then lots of people seem to have forks on their bike, which I don't get either; One fork on each bike has always been enough for me.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom