Wheels, A Daft Question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stick with me on this as my mechanical knowledge is not great. I am looking at getting some carbon wheels for my best bike. The ones I am looking at say they take my existing cassette.

However I would then like to take the wheels current on best bike and put them on my old runaround. So does anybody know if Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels will take a 9 speed Sora cassette which is on my runaround.

Also after fitting the cassette to new wheels do they have different float, i.e. could the cassette be in a different position requiring gear indexing etc.

I have never tried anything like this before but based on the best way to learn is to do it ethos I would like to at least try myself.

Thanks in advance.

They will take a 9 speed cassette, but you’ll need the spacer they come with on the freehub, before you put the 9 speed cassette on. An 11 speed cassette will not need the spacer. You’ll probably need to tweak the indexing of the 9 speed bike, as the cassette will almost certainly be in a slightly different position, with different wheels.

They will take a 9 speed cassette, but you’ll need the spacer they come with on the freehub, before you put the 9 speed cassette on. An 11 speed cassette will not need the spacer. You’ll probably need to tweak the indexing of the 9 speed bike, as the cassette will almost certainly be in a slightly different position, with different wheels.

Thank you.

Top Bottom