wheels, choices oh choices! or n+1!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
i was out with 3 of you on here and at lest 2 of you said my rear wheel is buckled which i already new to an extent and i am now looking at what to do as i think it is too buckled to ever have running perfectly straight again :sad:

so i am looking at 2 options really
1)new bike (i am looking at either building a recumbent or buying a new upright)
2)buy a new rear wheel or a new wheel set

if a new diamond frame upright thingy then i am looking at the triban range

if a new rear wheel or a new wheel set i am looking at either shimano r501's or the fulcrum 7's

the fulcrums's are about double the price of the r501's but are they twice as good?
any other wheels that are worth a look? must be 700c and must take at least 28c tyres. do the r501's and the fulcrums take 28c?
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
any suggestions on weather i should save my monies for a new bike or build a recumbent or if i should buy new wheels and then move them onto new bike eventually?
current bike:
falcon-trail-finder-2010-hybrid-bike.jpg

Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
So why ask about just buying new wheels then!
will see what funds look like in a few months time and then potentially just get new wheel/s and then transfer them to new bike when i eventually get one

and yes @ianrauk is right i do need a new bike, although i didn't do to bad as for keeping up today on my cheap steel frame hybrid always spinning top gear against 3 of us on here @ianrauk included all on ti frames and carbon forks! :P
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
You want a recumbent purely for the experience of building it?
Or do you intend to do something with it once built?
i plan to build it for both experience and because i want to 'do something with it when it is done'! guess what the do something with it is?! i'll give you a clue, it is riding it!:biggrin: :thumbsup:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
any ideas of the minimum and maximum size tyres for the shimano r501's and the fulcrum7's can take? ie 700X20c and 700X32c or whatever?
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom