Wheels on the bike go round, but the bike don’t move.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
5 let the air out pressure was 60 when I checked.
Without knowing your tyres and weight, I can't be sure, but that seems high for a hybrid to me. Use an online tyre pressure calculator.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
That's a mountain bike on mountain bike tyres. I'd say 17" or 18" frame which makes it's pilot about 5'4" ish?
I've the same set up.
If he/she is about my weight (10 st) then 60psi is definitely too high. I'd suggest 25 front and 30 rear......roughly.

Gunk

Guru
Riding a mountain bike in wet mud is a bit like driving a car in snow, if you rev the nuts off it and pull away hard in first gear you will just spin the wheels and get stuck.

Those tyres are probably not helping, but I think it’s more your technique, Too high a gear and too aggressive with your inputs.

DRM

Guru
Basically some mud is unrideable which is why CX racers will get off and run, you need to be in a gear that may seem a bit hard and literally grind the pedals at a slower cadence, with your backside at the rear of the saddle, putting your weight over the rear wheel to aid traction, however aggressive mud tyres will be horrible on tarmac

figbat

Slippery scientist
You can get that much cash in the glovebox.

Top Bottom