Wheels/Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaleB

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread however, i'm after some advice myself...

My bike is the 'Scott Sportster P6 2010 Hybrid Bike' and the current tyre measurements state 700x38.

I'm looking to purchase these tyres as i'm fed up of punctures - will i be ok with the 700x28, or are the 700x32 a better shout?

Many Thanks
DB :thumbsup:

Zoiders

For gods sake don't put slime in, it clogs the valves up and if the puncture is anything more than a pin-prick - say a small glass puncture with a flat profile, well the slime just oozes out and leaves a flat tube that can't be repaired with a patch because the slime is all over it.

DaleB

A quick investigation of the rims show they have an internal width of 19mm. You should be fine with 28 or 32mm tyres. How about one of each (32 on the back)?

Cannot thank you enough for that, cheers... I'll go with the 28's on both front and back, i hope that'll be fine.

Thanks again
DB :biggrin:

Hicky

Guru
I commute either on the road(13 mile 1 way and hilly) or canal( roughly 15 mile and much more plesant if it hasnt been raining!) the canal route is a mix of broken track/cobbles and compacted mud.

I've got a Sirius bought with 32 armadillos on(no punctures yet 3 months), for speed on the road I put 23 gatorskins on(1 puncture in 5 months) for a while....I tend to use the bike more and more with the kids now and have put the 32s back on as we use canal towpaths and the 23s were too harsh and rubbish over cobbles.

The speed on the road equals about 5mins on my road commute but wuth a little more effort.....never mind I get fitter quicker and I'm only racing myself.

You dont mention what width the Trek comes with?

Give the armadillos or something with a little tred a go, if your wheels suffer over time have them retrued till they've had it then splash out on a posh new set....speaking as a tightwad.

DaleB

Cannot thank you enough for that, cheers... I'll go with the 28's on both front and back, i hope that'll be fine.

Thanks again
DB :biggrin:

Fitted these the other day and then headed out into torrential rain (Sunday), i'm happy to say that they worked a treat and i felt more than comfortable.

Cheers again for the advice, DB.

Top Bottom