Wheelset advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Novak82

Hi, I am currently looking to upgrade a wheelset. I am riding Cannondale SuperSix Evo with stock Fulcrum Racing Sport on it.

I've got budget of £400 and identified two oprions:
1. Hunt Race Aero Wide
-lightweight at 1496g
-tubeless ready
-£399
2. Fulcrum Racing 4 C17
-slightly heavier at 1720g
-deeper at 35mm
-not tubeless ready
-cheaper at £283

Has anyone had any experience with them? I am edging towards Fulcrum due to deeper rim and price, but wanted to know others view?

Thanks,

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
What do you prioritise in terms of riding, speed, do you like to do flat fast rides or you favour climbing or just a mix? How deep are the Hunt rims?

Hi, I am currently looking to upgrade a wheelset. I am riding Cannondale SuperSix Evo with stock Fulcrum Racing Sport on it.

I've got budget of £400 and identified two oprions:
1. Hunt Race Aero Wide
-lightweight at 1496g
-tubeless ready
-£399
2. Fulcrum Racing 4 C17
-slightly heavier at 1720g
-deeper at 35mm
-not tubeless ready
-cheaper at £283

Has anyone had any experience with them? I am edging towards Fulcrum due to deeper rim and price, but wanted to know others view?

Thanks,
A pal has the Hunt and really rates them. A good upgrade on his fulcrums.
I've ordered a set too but they're not due until February so I don't know if that's an issue for you ? They do get good reviews.

OP
OP
Novak82

Novak82

What do you prioritise in terms of riding, speed, do you like to do flat fast rides or you favour climbing or just a mix? How deep are the Hunt rims?
I like climbs, but would like to add a bit of speed the same time, as Berkshire is not blessed with many climbs. Hunslta are 31mm

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Berkshire hunt(s), isn’t that rhyming slang for something? :whistle:
I have always found rim depth of around 35mm to be a good compromise between aero benefit & rigidity and weight. If you like climbing, I would go for the lighter wheel set. It’s almost Christmas, treat yourself!

OP
OP
Novak82

Novak82

Berkshire hunt(s), isn’t that rhyming slang for something? :whistle:
I have always found rim depth of around 35mm to be a good compromise between aero benefit & rigidity and weight. If you like climbing, I would go for the lighter wheel set. It’s almost Christmas, treat yourself!
So 35mm are the heaviest ones....

Top Bottom