Wheelsets - some advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I think you are correct on this although I see some are using carbon with a magnesium rim for better braking. We have some full carbon Corima 46mm but they are clinchers, the problem here is that pressure is limited to 120psi so are only used for spoco tt's where the road surface isn't the best. I still think you have to have a big disposable income to ride full carbon deep section on day to day riding. Clinchers are narrowing the gap weight wise and of course will work out cheaper in the long run, however I still get a sense of satisfaction from putting a new tub on :smile:.

Might be in issue in the alps or similar, but there isn't a descent in the UK which will be long enough get sufficient heat into a rim/tyre to cause problems.

i know someone who delaminated a carbon clincher whilst doing some sportive or another. I have read though that clinchers can be more prone to this due to the larger U profile design. The end result, apparently, is that the rim wall is thinner on the braking surface.

Svendo

Guru
Hmmm, if it was style being the base of it then I'd jump at it, but it's not. I know I won't use them much as it is...so maybe I'll look at other options like C24, C50 or K1 etc
Money no object I'd go for C35 front and C50 rear. Maybe with C24/35 for windy/hillier days. And a C24 rear for super hilly days. And a C50 front too for very flat days....

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Money no object I'd go for C35 front and C50 rear. Maybe with C24/35 for windy/hillier days. And a C24 rear for super hilly days. And a C50 front too for very flat days....
So in other words buy a set of C24, C35 and C50

But saying that go for the middle option and look at C35.

i know someone who delaminated a carbon clincher whilst doing some sportive or another.

carbon can fail, but I seriously doubt if it was heat related...

because..?

Top Bottom