Wheely good advice needed !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madguern

Morning all

I have a Allez Sport 2010 , and would like to buy a second set of wheels. I have about £150 - £ 200 to spend and cannot decide between fulcrum or shimano. Can anyone offer some advice will need to get tyres out of the budget as well and looking at 23mm gator's

Bike use is out an about blast at weekends and commute to work during the week. The existing wheels or tyres on the allez will go onto my Trek fx 7.5 2009. The reason for wheel swap is during the winter like the big fat 32mm on the trek for the commute.

Thanks in advance

Rob

lukesdad

I take it you are looking at the fulcrum 7 s. They get alot of stick,flexing noisy freehub etc. But I ve got a set that came on My dolan and they re perfectly adequate for your needs I would think.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've just bought and fitted a set of Fulcrum 5s.
Ribble have them currently for about £150.

Seem very well made, reasonable light and very stiff.
So far so Good.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Go handbuilt ?
You could get a set of OpenPro rims on 105 hubs, DT Swiss spokes for £180 at Parker.
OK so they will be "bog standard" 32 spoke 3 cross pattern, so they are not the lightest or sexiest wheelset on the planet, but they are pretty quick and incredibly strong.

lordjenks

i have the same bike and i have put on some planet x homemade wheels, i went with the A version which is 20/24 spoken B and C version are heaver with more spokes, amazing wheels for only 100/125 depending where you get them

zexel

Veteran

Top Bottom