when a company lets you down...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
i placed an order for some clothing on a website i've used, without trouble and often very good customer service, a few weeks ago. the order arrived, the clothes were a bit on the small side. not to worry, i thought, i'll return them and get the next size up. using their website, after 2 requests, i got the returns code. packed the kit, got it sent special delivery so that it was covered should it be lost and the package was recorded as being delivered the next day. all as it should be. however, it is now coming up for 3 weeks since the return and as yet, i have had no communication from the company regarding the return. I have contacted them twice via their web forms and twice now, via direct email. i will phone them tomorrow if they don't get back to me today. they've had £120 of my money since the time of the order...such a shame as they've been great with previous orders...i don't think i'll use them again after this. you've let yourselves down pbk :sad:

that is all, nothing more to see here...a problem shared and all that.

Not as big an order but before the tour of Flanders I changed my wheels cassette/ chain then realised my jockeys with the longer chain were wrecked and needed some urgently and paid for next day delivey on a web site; despite the order being processed properly and efficiently their choice of courier company let them down. Fortunately as a back up I got 2nd hand ones from a lbs spares bin, they didn't sell new unfortunately.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Plusnet with me, I recently signed up to them from the excerable TalkTalk on the basis of numerous good reviews and Which rating, but they left us hanging for a week to be connected and since then the wifi has been erratic at best and usually slower than using my 3g mobile connection. Very disappointed with them so far.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Shoddy service from an LBS here. Won't name and shame just yet, as I am giving them a chance to redeem themselves first.
Was/am needing a new wheelset from my Tricross (now a tourer, basically). Could have got them online but decided to give a Glasgow LBS some custom. Told the pleasant enough assistant what I was after and he suggested a set of Mavic rims with Shimano Deore hubs, 36 spoke with double butted spokes and eyelets. Showed me the pics in a brochure, so I paid the £20 deposit and was told they would be in the shop within a week, tops.
That was 2 weeks ago. I phoned the middle of last week to be told that they hadn't yet arrived, but they would chase up the supplier and get back to me by the end of the week. They didn't. So I phoned back today and was told that they weren't expected to be in stock until April 24th.. WTF? I can go online and get a wheelset delivered to my door within 2 days, and probably cheaper too.
I explained that I need the wheels by the end of this week, or no deal. They have now promised to hand build me a wheelset using the same components, so we will wait and see if that materialises by Wednesday, as they promised. If not, they WILL be named and shamed.

As for giving LBS custom ahead of online retailers? Much as I feel I should, I probably won't bother again, TBH. :sad:

Manonabike

Über Member
Shinybikes for me. Terrible service.

If you paid via Paypal then open a case and for sure the company will get in touch with you very very promptly

screenman

Legendary Member
The telephone is always my first line of contact, then follow up with email or letters. The phone calls would be on a daily basis and never left for weeks after the event.

fossala

Guru
PBK gave me an incomplete item and wouldn't reply to emails. I then used paypal, they didn't reply to them either so I got a full refund. It was for my cinelli imperial bar tape at 52 quid but was missing parts. At first I felt bad that paypal gave me a full refund, but then I realised it could of all been sorted out if PBK wanted it to be!

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
PBK gave me an incomplete item and wouldn't reply to emails. I then used paypal, they didn't reply to them either so I got a full refund. It was for my cinelli imperial bar tape at 52 quid but was missing parts. At first I felt bad that paypal gave me a full refund, but then I realised it could of all been sorted out if PBK wanted it to be!

PBK are now on my 'list' - i will have to call them tomorrow to chase the £120 they owe me. 4 emails, 4 'account messages' and coming up for 1 week since i was told they would be refunding me and i'm yet to see it. shocking customer service from this company :gun:

Lee_M

Guru
Plusnet with me, I recently signed up to them from the excerable TalkTalk on the basis of numerous good reviews and Which rating, but they left us hanging for a week to be connected and since then the wifi has been erratic at best and usually slower than using my 3g mobile connection. Very disappointed with them so far.

just interested in why plusnet is to blame for your wifi problems?
are you sure you've got a decent wifi signal?

My wifi is crap, but its nothing to do with plusnet

Kies

Plusnet have been brilliant for me. Had them at my previous house, then moved and tried a few, before returning to plusnet as i needed to vpn into work. They have been brilliant and offered me an unlimited usage package (not advertised) as my kids were using the quota up rapidly. No hesitation in recommending them

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
pbk made me call them :sad: after confirming that they would be refunding me within 3-5 days, last week, they still haven't. the girl i spoke to last week either lied to me, or simply didn't do her job. the lad i spoke to today couldn't find the refund process in their systems. he claims he's now done it for me. so, i wait another 3-5 working days for this to happen. shocking. i told the lad i wouldn't be using them again, that i was disappointed in the company and that they need to up their game - your comments will be noted, i was told. i know that this means, once you're off the phone i don't give a damn. no more pbk orders from me. shame, they do nice stuff. still, i'll find it elsewhere and they won't really care.

Top Bottom