When does this become spying?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Ignore him DT. Take pride in being a concerned parent. Just be careful not to overdo it as children do havew to learn to 'deal' with their world!!

In my opinion it's the people who log insulting posts who are up their own a~ses.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Your ears work really well, never mid how asleep you are, far better than a buzzing machine, unless you have a very big house....trust me....

col

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
Always amazes me how people even bother coming out with this crap. How hard is it to google up some figures before posting? It just took me about thirty seconds to come up with this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/410747.stm

which totally contradicts what you say.

Are you suggesting that the welfare of my child is not worth me bothering with? I would be at best a neglectful parent and at worst a fecking monster if I didn't take an interest in my daughters wellbeing, is that what you are saying I should do?

Its perfectly natural being protective and caring towards our kids,you carry on doing what your doing,nothing wrong at all with it.If we hadnt had the monitor,we would have been running up and down the stairs all night checking him.:smile:

yenrod

Nowt wrong with what hes posted I thought similiar myself yet common sense prevails in the course of NOT going down the road of the 4x4...

domtyler said:
Always amazes me how people even bother coming out with this crap. How hard is it to google up some figures before posting? It just took me about thirty seconds to come up with this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/410747.stm

which totally contradicts what you say.

Are you suggesting that the welfare of my child is not worth me bothering with? I would be at best a neglectful parent and at worst a fecking monster if I didn't take an interest in my daughters wellbeing, is that what you are saying I should do?

frog

I'll start by saying I know nothing about cot death. What I can't understand is if the poor little mite does get into difficulties how do you identify it and would you be in time to do something about it. If anyone stops breathing you have 4 minutes - not an awful lot of time.

On the other hand I can sympathise with you. I clearly remember looking in on both my kids when they were little two or three times a night just to see if they were alright. God knows what I'd have done if they weren't

You can't stop being a concerned parent. As time goes by you'll learn what is the right thing - and that changes on an almost daily basis.

It's not just the kids which grow up in a family - it's all of you :smile:

andygates

Going back to the OP, it's probably only spying when the kid is able to understand what's going on - that the blue triangle with the light on top is Daddy's listening-box. Because that's when their behaviour might be affected by the knowledge that they're being surveilled...

...in keeping with current legislation you must then paint it bright yellow so the kid knows to keep stum :smile:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
domtyler said:
Yeah, my missus feels the same, i.e. that I am being a bit silly. My point is that she is clearly no longer a 'baby'. She is quickly becoming a toddler, a small person with her own personality and views on life. I am just wondering what is to be gained from listening in on her all the time. At what point does it become spying on her? I am pretty sure there is no real chance of cot death by now.

you are being somewhat paranoid, this is your own child FGS, she is only one !! of course you should have the monitor on, why not ? You aren`t listening in all the time, we don`t, my 15 month old is asleep and we have the monitor on, will probably do away with it come 2 but right now I really don`t see what the issue is and why your concerned :smile: oh and cot death can happen up till 2 yrs old IIRC, however thats another subject matter altogethor.

There was a case here in Gosport where a market stall was selling two way versions of these. Apparently they were all the same frequency!

Hence the parent's "activities" were being broadcast to anyone in the vicinity with a set.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Aren't you being a bit paranoid. she's only one! you're probably still changing her nappies, so what if you're listening in? i don't think you need to worry about it.

Top Bottom