When hubs impode.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Bloody lovely. Mine's the original which is significantly less light, less easy to fit and less easy to shift under load than its replacement. I still love it though. It's a fantastic thing.
Sounds tempting. I love clever or novel engineering so liked the look of these as soon as I first saw them.

Hmmm, my knockabout bike has angled dropouts that would take a hub gear of some sort.;) If only my finances weren't somewhat constrained at the moment.:blink:

Davidc

Guru
So, apart from this little incident, what is the NuVinci like to use?

I was lucky enough to be invited to try a Dahon folder with the new one, which is the reason for my interest in this thread.

I found it brilliant. I rode for about 12 miles, accompanied by its owner who was on another identical bike. Up hills, with and into wind, along a deserted stretch of road and in traffic. It was great in all of those, and once I'd got used to it (took about 10 minutes) I thought it was much better to use than anything I'd ridden before. The lower efficiency (it's not that bad!) appeared to be offset by better matching of legs to wheels.

I'm now saving for one of the Dahon's with the NuVinci hub - I've been wanting a folder for some time. Unfortunately I now need a dental crown so that's £480 out of the folder fund.:cry:

Top Bottom