When I was a boy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paddypete

when i was a younger boy,i remember going into dales bike shop on maryhill road glasgow,they had cycling tops in the window,i went in and asked how much were they,as i had only seen them on the telly,he said thay are not for sale,we dont sell them,just window dressing,its great that 30 odd years later you can get anything you see,in the cycling world,i cant wait to see whats around in the next 30 years,and if im dead call me,0791 624 55 738:hyper:

classic33

Leg End Member
when i was a younger boy,i remember going into dales bike shop on maryhill road glasgow,they had cycling tops in the window,i went in and asked how much were they,as i had only seen them on the telly,he said thay are not for sale,we dont sell them,just window dressing,its great that 30 odd years later you can get anything you see,in the cycling world,i cant wait to see whats around in the next 30 years,and if im dead call me,0791 624 55 738:hyper:
Number's dead!

Brandane

Legendary Member
when i was a younger boy,i remember going into dales bike shop on maryhill road glasgow
Bought my first bike (well, the first one I had to buy without parental help!) in there! Puch Alpine 5 speed in yellow, July 1976. £45. Loved that bike until it got stolen in Edinburgh Sept. 77.
Now have another one the same from ebay a while back and it's very rideable.

Slioch

Guru
On a slight slant to this topic, does Billy Bilsland's shop in Saltmarket still have the Robert Millar KOM jersey on display? I used to wander in from time to time when I lived in Glasgow on the pretext of buying brake blocks or something, but really it was just to sneak a peek at the jersey.

rovers1875

Veteran
A LBS that closed about 15 years ago had a king of the mountains jersey in the window for ages. It'd faded in the sun,i wonder if anyone bought it before the shop closed down?[/QUOTe

Was that in Accy ? for some reason this rings a bell with me, but I can only remember Henry Gregsons (still going) or Jack Spencers in C-L-M

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i use to wander in and out of a bike shop on Locking Road , Weston Super Mare and gaze at the selection of frames and complete bikes on offer inside , not sure of name or if still there

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

FAO Rovers 1875

No it was Louis Bike Shop in Great Harwood. I went into Henry Gregsons the other month,they have one or two faded and dust covered jerseys for sale. They look like they've been there for years!:smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom