When I was a kid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK so its a long time ago..........a very long time ago, my dear old dad, bless him, now sadly deceased, used to let me and my sister have a tipple at Christmas time, the tipple was either a snowball or Babycham on its own, but if we were needed to sleep on Xmas eve we would be given something a little stronger......Cherry B

Now whilst out shopping on Saturday, I spotted both Babycham and Cherry B in Asda and decided to go down memory lane................:rolleyes:..............xx(

Wish I hadn't, Babycham was more like a cheaper version of Lambrini and Cherry B just tasted like it should come out of a bottle of cleaning fluid, not exactly the memory lane I was hoping for:blink:

PpPete

Legendary Member
I forget which Roman philosopher said "no man steps into the same river twice".

Licramite

Über Member
don't eat the yellow snowball.

my tipple of choice was cherry brandy , or sherry.
used to do a good line in collecting the sherry glasses at my folks parties.
oh what a good boy he is. - glug glug.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
don't eat the yellow snowball.

my tipple of choice was cherry brandy , or sherry.
used to do a good line in collecting the sherry glasses at my folks parties.
oh what a good boy he is. - glug glug.

I've never lost my liking for sherry and port acquired as a four year old who discovered the Christmas stash in the pantry. Come unveiling of the Christmas spirits, the bottles were best part empty and the mystery of my strange behaviour over the preceding weeks was finally solved.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My long departed grandma used to have a display cabinet that had a couple of Babycham and Cherry B bottles in,plus the matching glasses :rolleyes: . I nicked them one day(i confessed to her later :angel:) and swigged them when i got back home. I think they were the forerunners of alcopops.
We used to have Harvey's Bristol Cream and a bottle of port in the house at Christmas time. Both tasted nice and sweet to an 8 year old,especially when a marachino cherry on a cocktail stick was added!

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
When I was a kid I started drinking Cider that I found in the house, thinking it was some sort of juice, albeit a rather strange tasting juice. I really had no idea what it was, but I don't think I ever drank all that much each time anyway (I think I even tried to dilute it once or twice :blush:)

My parents, wondering where their Cider was disappearing too, eventually found out when I innocently announced one day that I liked that strange juice and could we get more? :laugh:

I was told to never, under any circumstances drink it ever again!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I remember taking a huge sneaky swig from someone's Double Diamond at Christmas time, only to find it was being used as an ashtray, not something I want to revisit!

Top Bottom