When I was little...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Santa in our house does not drink milk ... don't forget how cold it is up on that roof so definately an alcoholic drink .. but he doesn't mind which one, to go with his mince pie and the carrot for rudolph.

One year I did a really bad stuffiing for a Christmas eve meal - it looked awful ... so instead we left it on the fireplace with a note from santa apoligizing for Rodolph doing a poo. They were at that age when the word poo is absolutely hilarious .. and its still talked about now.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
So, is that black or yellow? If it's in the dark....:blush:

Yeller....

betty swollocks

large member
Cathryn said:
....I used to wear my new Christmas dress to church on Christmas morning.

This year however, having just had confirmation that Santa has indeed read, acknowledged and ordered my Christmas list, I shall sit in the pews wearing my new Altura Night Vision Jacket, some Altura winter gloves and a long sleeved base layer in merino wool.

As my mother muttered darkly in November 'You've changed.'

Cannot wait till Chrimbo....:blush:

If you're male, this must be quite a relief for your mother.

ChrisKH

Guru
KitsuneAndy said:
When I was little my mum used to take me to church when they gave out oranges with cocktail sticks in them with sweets on, they were awesome.

Commonly called a Christingle. Used by the evil church to entice young children in. :blush:

ChrisKH

Guru
Cathryn said:
....I used to wear my new Christmas dress to church on Christmas morning.

This year however, having just had confirmation that Santa has indeed read, acknowledged and ordered my Christmas list, I shall sit in the pews wearing my new Altura Night Vision Jacket, some Altura winter gloves and a long sleeved base layer in merino wool.

As my mother muttered darkly in November 'You've changed.'

Cannot wait till Chrimbo....:blush:

My mother said the same thing to me which was very hurtful. What it actually meant in context was at the age of 40+ I had a mind of my own and wasn't going to be influenced by the family PMatriarch or family group decisions I didn't agree with which previously I would have just gone along with. She died at Xmas three years ago which rather puts a damper on close family affairs now as my nearest and dearest are of the 'woe is me, put up a shrine' variety. When I'm dead I want people to forget about me and get on with life.

PS I have put in an order for a new helmet and wireless computer. I would wear the helmet to Mass but I suspect Mrs KH won't let me. :smile:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
One year ( I think my daughter was about 5) at nearly midnight I grabbed 2 ladders and (stupidly drunkenly) went up to the chimney and laid wellie boot prints, rudolph prints and skid lines from a sleigh in the sprinkling of snow on the roof.
Was she impressed ?
Was she bollix !
Never did it again but it was fun at the time !

Top Bottom