When I were a lad-the Horseshoe Pass!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I went up the "easy" way from the Ruthin side last year, still I had to stop once before reaching the top. The descent down into Llangollen on the other side was well worth it though :bicycle:
I did it the opposite way and although it was some 50 years ago I still remember the slight fear as we 'flew' down. I seem to remember my mate having an old speedometer of some sort and I recall it read 40mph.....is my memory correct ? did they exist then ?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I ride it most weekends as a bit of a warm up, to make it hard enough I need to go SS at around 100 gear inches. Throw in a rucksack with some bricks, panniers with more bricks and I sometimes drag the brakes for that extra resistance.

None of this namby pamby multiple gears nonsense, the pleasure is in the pain.

Moss

I ride it most weekends as a bit of a warm up, to make it hard enough I need to go SS at around 100 gear inches. Throw in a rucksack with some bricks, panniers with more bricks and I sometimes drag the brakes for that extra resistance.

Like your style Mac, I'll meet up with you if you wish? you can tow me to the top! You have the pain I'll take the pleasure!
A5, is a nice road to ride though. The A470 throws in a few testing climbs also!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Like your style Mac, I'll meet up with you if you wish? you can tow me to the top! You have the pain I'll take the pleasure!
A5, is a nice road to ride though. The A470 throws in a few testing climbs also!

You'd think it would be easy for me to oblige but when you travel at warp speed all the time meetings are hard. It would be like you trying to step up and hitch a ride on the back of a speeding express train. Blink and you'd miss me, I'm sorry that's just the way it is!!!

Moss

You'd think it would be easy for me to oblige but when you travel at warp speed all the time meetings are hard. It would be like you trying to step up and hitch a ride on the back of a speeding express train. Blink and you'd miss me, I'm sorry that's just the way it is!!!

No chance of getting on your wheel then! Not if the Force is with you?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member

For just a moment I thought you were kidding!

Top Bottom