When`s a puncture not a puncture??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After about a 40 mile right through the Pentland Hills, I got to within a 500 metres from home when I noticed the bike was handling strange. Eventually dawned on me that the front wheel was soft.

Got home, had a quick look at couldn`t see anything obvious so I pumped it back up again.

Stayed firm until as I put the bike away but was flat this morning.

Took the wheel off and pumped up the inner tube to find the hole but nothing was apparent. I can still see the fully pumped up tube as I type this and it shows no sign of deflating! And it`s way pumped up to beyond what I would do normally?

Any suggestions? I`ve done all the usual checks too

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Bowl of water and feed the inflated tube slowly through it till you find the spot where air bubbles are escaping. Make sure you fully immerse the valve too as that may be the cause of the leak.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Wouldn`t I hear the air coming out the valve too - it`s loosened at the top and as I say, the inner tube is uber pumped up - it looks like an anaconda lol

classic33

Leg End Member
Ha, got it - pumped the tube up until I thought it was going to burst - still no sound of air coming out so did the water in a basin trick and eventually found the smallest of holes - result. I can now repair it thus saving me £3 on a new tube lol
Just check the inside of the tyre as said by @gavroche above, before putting the tube back in.

Top Bottom