When school friends pass on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am 18 years older then my brother was when he died 20 years ago.

subaqua

What’s the point
I understand where you are.

we lost one girl just as we left 4th yr secondary ( Yr 10 in modern parlance) , then as i was 17 one of my best friends who had beaten leukaemia 3 times since he was 8 was told he had it again . we think he just went screw it and gave up, one lad died in Tinkersdale in Hawarden as he crashed his car,2005 another friend died of pneumonia , then in 2006 a good friend i went to school with died at 34 after coming of his motorbike in pentrefoelas. certainly makes you think of your own mortality.

RIP all of you.

gbb

Legendary Member
A chap I used to work with in his 30's I recon, he was one of those eternally happy people so much so that everyone thought he was a bit odd, very kind, but odd. Then a few years later I read in the local paper that he died. He literally walked home put his key in the front door and his heart just stopped for no reason! Apparently its very rare for it to happen but it definately got me thinking. Id like to say I appreciate every day now but that would be a lie.

I just hope I manage to use my time as well as possible, and on that note I'm off for a trial day at my dream job! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Deadly serious...his name wasnt Albert was it?
I used to work with an Albert Phair almost exactly in life as you described, died in the way you described...

gbb

Legendary Member
Bloody hell, when you think of the people you knew when you were young, that arent here any more...
Chris, drowned in the Trent, aged 8
Geoff, died in a car crash aged about 25 (i only found out some years later)
Godfrey (from the same small village), died of cancer, aged about 20.
Bernadette (i was quite soft on her, we used to get on well...then life took us our different paths), found out she died a few years ago.
One lad aged about 13 was killed outside the school gates. (didnt know him personally, but knew his sister)
His sister died on EXACTLY THE SAME DAY, just a few years later. She was about 18 at the time, couldnt cope, she used to get so so down in the run up to the anniversary, she'd get absolutely hammered. So much so, she staggered along a road one night and got killed by a car.

Top Bottom