When Sportive meets road race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavy

The guy mouthing off didnt sound like an experienced organiser but if you were there and know this fellow I'l take your word for it. haha

LinchPin

Veteran
The guy having a heated discussion with the Marshall was not on the charity ride but I assume watching the racing, he is an experienced race organiser.
I can imagine the marshall panicked when too much was happening at the same time.
In todays society if something bad happened, 'people' would be saying "Why didn't the marshall, stop them".

jay clock

Massive member
I can imagine the marshall panicked when too much was happening at the same time.
In todays society if something bad happened, 'people' would be saying "Why didn't the marshall, stop them".
My question entirely. All I can hear in the background is some petty squabbling. If the marshals are marshalling a legitimately closed road, they should have sufficient training and skill to enforce that road closure. I am not even sure if there is a marshall present. If there is why did I not hear a shout of "Stop - what you are doing is dangerous. Get off the road NOW"?

Milzy

Guru
I hear that some of the peoples names became leaked on internet forums. Then many people steamed in with their internet abuse. Mr Stripey was an ultimate cock but I'm not sure it's right to become a victim of cyber bullying. At least he had a clipless moment.

jay clock

Massive member
I hear that some of the peoples names became leaked on internet forums. Then many people steamed in with their internet abuse. Mr Stripey was an ultimate cock but I'm not sure it's right to become a victim of cyber bullying. At least he had a clipless moment.
I could not see the clipless moment. Any help me?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My question entirely. All I can hear in the background is some petty squabbling. If the marshals are marshalling a legitimately closed road, they should have sufficient training and skill to enforce that road closure. I am not even sure if there is a marshall present. If there is why did I not hear a shout of "Stop - what you are doing is dangerous. Get off the road NOW"?

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa where ya goin' get on the pavement there's a bike race comin' thru"

not floatin' your boat then?

There was a marshall present and he's outed himself on road.cc

Nick Stone

Says video removedM

Angus444

You just know Mr Stripey is too good a cyclist to ever get hit jumping a red.:rolleyes:

I tried a few sportives a couple of years ago. Most of the other riders were fine, but there was a significant quorum of @rseholes that I just couldn't be bothered with in the end. The final straw was being chastised as 'unprofessional' (duh!) by a group for not pointing out potholes. They didn't seem to accept that this would require me to ride no-hands for about a mile with my arms permanently pointing at what was left of the tarmac.. Maybe I should have just shouted "pothole, pothole, pothole...." like some cycling happy-hardcore remix. It was a road made exclusively of potholes. Slow down and look FFS! Oh, and you came up on my left to tell me that without warning!!!:cursing:

There. All better. The therapist will see you now.:crazy:
I was drinking tea when I got to the bit 'like some cycling happy-hardcore remix'...............spat it out all over kitchen floor, laughing.....absolutely spot-on! Had a few numpties like that following me halfway round Highland Perthshire a couple of weeks ago........nice one, Bollo!! ^_^

Top Bottom