When the Police do this stuff, what hope .......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh, I see. So if I don't wear a helmet they give me a book token or something?
A spit hood.

U

User32269

I love the picture accompanying the article - caption competition?
Cyclist and policeman (CC licensed image by stumayhew-Flickr).jpg

"and I'm telling you it's not on correctly Sir. Now go over there by 'Sir Brad' and balance an apple on your head while I write your ticket out."

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
cyclist-and-policeman-cc-licensed-image-by-stumayhew-flickr-jpg.338317.jpg

You're lucky I'm only a plastic policeman, sir, otherwise I'd be waving both hands at you.

Without converting to the helmet debate

Given that an incorrectly fitted helmet can double the chance of injury in an accident, it may have some justification to check and perhaps issue a warning to wearers of poorly fitted helmets, but a fine is totally inappropriate and I would have thought insupportable

He was committing several offences that have been used in previous cases, it is interesting how Police apply this

Obstruction of Police in the execution of their duty has been used previously. Lancashire clamped down and fined numerous motorists for "improper use of headlights" when flashing other vehicles to warn them of a speed trap. Hampshire has threatened to use "perverting the course of justice" as the stick

However even then there are the stupid and thick.... In the New Forest there was a massive sign put up warning of the new speed camera, yet over a dozen drivers were caught speeding!!!!!

Andy Roadie

The incompetence in this leaflet is unbelievable. Is it a hoax?

Endorsable offences concern driving licenses i.e. points
Not an offence to have no cycle lights fitted. Only at night.
Since when did Traffic Wardens have the legal power to instruct a cyclist?

Top Bottom