When the racing starts again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
I was listening to the Never strays far from cycling podcast the other day, where Ned Boulting & David Millar came up with a plan to get all the postponed races done, it was do bits of the Giro, incorporate Strada Bianchi/Milan-San Remo, fly to France do some stages incorporate Paris-Roubaix, then off to Belgium for a cobbled classic stage, then do some in Spain, could also do a stage of the Tour de Yorkshire I suppose, logistically it will be impossible to do, but what a way to end 2020 with the grandest of grand tours, even don’t tell the riders where they’re going next & call it a magical mystery tour, so can the CC massive put this together, perhaps the UCI might take it up!

it's a lovely idea! The riders would be sha99ed out, so the bigger teams would end up giving rides to everyone on their roster.

A bit of blitz spirit could get over any logistical issues; riders could bivvy when hotels are full, if the locals can't close the roads (or whatever) just have a stealth alley-cat ride. Or improvised grass-track race. Just make sure *something* happens in every place that was deprived by The Great Cancellation Plague. Huzzah!

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Now that’s good, make it like race across America with riders being self sufficient & carrying their Bivvy bags and such on handlebar, frame & saddle bags, race across Europe, it’s taking shape, I can just see the world tour riders camping out & cooking on a trangia

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Mmm tough one, perhaps they could make do & mend with what ever comes to hand, the soigneurs could have take aways, but would have to carry supplies of meths for the riders.

Top Bottom