When to put up the christmas tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Our christmas tree is up....in the fekking loft where it belongs!

subaqua

What’s the point
first weekend in December these days. I would like it to be the 24th but Mrs Sub wont let me leave it that late. then they have to stay up to 5th Jan... feckin dust collecting things

If it was up to me, there wouldn't be a tree. But Mrs S is in charge of these matters, my role being to get huge amounts of stuff down from the loft, and to deal with the exterior lights. All the indoor grottomania is under the strict control of Mrs S.

It will all be dismantled just after New Year, and certainly by 6th January at the latest.

pawl

Legendary Member
It’s a good job my know it all BIL doesn’t use CC.He would be attacking the key board advising all and sundry that ther is no such thing as a Christmas tree According to the gospel of Pratt head it’s a Norwegian Spruce.

Bet he still goes in the garden centre and asks for a Christmas .Currently he is auditioning for the part of Scrooge in the local pantomime BAH HUMBUG.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I got into trouble with my (grown up) kids for not having a Christmas tree at all a few years back.
So I made the younger one accompany me to the local common to find some suitable greenery, just as it started to get dark on Christmas eve.

We came back with a fallen Scots pine bough.
I lashed that to the trailer porch, and put some faerie lights on it..

True spirit of Christmas?

Or failed at being a parent?

Opinion was divided :blush:

Brains

Legendary Member
In our house tradition on the 2nd weekend of December, as we have always had the largest car (we had Long wheel base Landies for a couple of decades) that we drive out beyond the M25 with a couple of our neighbours, go out for a pub meal, a country walk and then buy four trees from the same farm every year, to lash to our car roof.

Jody

Stubborn git
If it were up to me then it would go 12 days before and come down 12 days after. The better half has already said its going up this weekend and coming down new years day.

Top Bottom