When

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rikki

Legendary Member
I hadn't thought of this before. Hadn't noticed the change.

For me - I suppose when I started being interested in how the bike was made and what it was made out of. Before that you just rode the bike and noticed if others had more gears than you.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I'm guessing when bike manufacturers started making bikes sound like hi-tech machines so they could both up the price and sell more bikes....

It's like car manufacturers going on about bhp and torque, noone really knows what it's all about, but they like to talk about it like they do......

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
zimzum42 said:
going on about bhp and torque, noone really knows what it's all about, but they like to talk about it like they do......

Gonna have to change my name to noone - got a degree in automotive engineering;):wacko:;)

Strange, got that and lost all interest in cars....;)

Noodley

miloat said:
A mate of mine nearly lost a ball doing that on a bmx when i was 13.
Oh how we laughed.

I did it on Sunday!! :tongue::blush: Not the ball losing bit, but it's still a bit tender...:sad:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Noodley said:
I did it on Sunday!! :tongue::blush: Not the ball losing bit, but it's still a bit tender...:sad:

Proclivities !!

yenrod

Keith Oates said:
did all the name changes on a bike take place?

For example when did a cross bar become a top tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ive a slanting cross-bar so is that correct :tongue:

:biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Maybe someone should produce a bike with the correct names of the parts printed on. I've always made it up as I went along until I heard someone call a part by something that sounded more correct.

Is a bottom bracket ever a crank shaft?

Top Bottom