FNRttC Where are the new Fridays bike rides being advertised?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Yet another Fridays’ night ride has passed me by.
Two charities I volunteer for and a third I work for have all stated as a matter of policy that they do not and will not use Facebook as their exclusive means of communicating with members and supporters, as it is recognised that not everyone subscribes to FB. I fully understand that the Fridays is not a Charity and thus doesn’t need to canvass for donations or support. Notwithstanding the nominal membership fee, it nonetheless has a duty as an organisation with subscribers to disseminate information to its members in the most effective way possible.
I was informed earlier in the year that I needed to link up via FB in order to be informed of events. Quite a number of people cannot, will not or prefer not to join FB for a number of sound reasons, and thus this makes for the exclusivity that I always believed in the past the Fridays strove to avoid.
That said, if FB is the established communication channel going forward, then so be it, but it does negate my (for one) membership and I will reconsider this when the renewal date arrives in March.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Two charities I volunteer for and a third I work for have all stated as a matter of policy that they do not and will not use Facebook as their exclusive means of communicating with members and supporters, as it is recognised that not everyone subscribes to FB. I fully understand that the Fridays is not a Charity and thus doesn’t need to canvass for donations or support. Notwithstanding the nominal membership fee, it nonetheless has a duty as an organisation with subscribers to disseminate information to its members in the most effective way possible.
I was informed earlier in the year that I needed to link up via FB in order to be informed of events. Quite a number of people cannot, will not or prefer not to join FB for a number of sound reasons, and thus this makes for the exclusivity that I always believed in the past the Fridays strove to avoid.
That said, if FB is the established communication channel going forward, then so be it, but it does negate my (for one) membership and I will reconsider this when the renewal date arrives in March.
The lockdown rides are on the website.
https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I- and I do use FB- agree that it shouldn't be the primary means of communication. However, if you're on the email list rides are still getting plugged that way, and all the sign-ups etc are still done via the web site. Hope to see you soon Charlie.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
From the email I got in mid-July:

"To all subscribers to The Fridays newsletter

It’s been a while, but we’re finally on the road again. As large group rides are still off limits due to the pandemic, we’ve been trialing a series of smaller rides with members of our Facebook community. Each ride has had a maximum of six riders, including the leader, and we’ve been following social distancing guidelines in each group.

There has been enough interest and good attendance at the rides we’ve organised during the trial, so from August we’re making these available to everyone via the club website."

The latest email, advertising September and October rides, arrived on 7th September, and registration was offered in the usual way via the website.

Here's hoping that by next spring conditions will allow some bigger groups - and train travel will feel safe.

rb58

Enigma
All the rides are on the website. That, and the regular emails, are the way The Fridays communicates with its members and supporters. Only the trial Lock Down rides we ran in July were arranged through the private Facebook group. And that was because we were testing the water. I've sent you a PM with the email address we have for you, just to check it's correct.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
They'd all be in the regular emails sent out to everyone who has entered their email address in the bit on the website - and you don't even need to be a paid up member to receive these emails, anyone can do that.

Top Bottom