Where did that come from ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

My ride to work this morning, Usual monday morning heavy rucksack with weeks supply. Decided to take the rigid Mtb with slicks. Now last 2 weeks not been at my best heavy cold sore throat etc. but still been doing usual riding not as quick thats all. Didnt go out with club yesterday but had an hour and half in the woods on mtb.instead as boys have got said cold.

Usually on the road bike ride can take anything between 2 an 2 1/2 hours,depending on conditions,but not on a monday morning as im usually fully loaded. With a best of just under 2hrs.

Well this morning in not particularly favorable conditions and still suffering from damned cold clocked 2;09 cant fathom it.... Anybody care to have a stab as to why this might be?....coughed my guts up mind when I got to work,but I felt great on the bike.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I think it could be to do with not riding with the club yesterday . The NE wind would have been across your route so no real advantage from that.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Fresh legs. Your engine has had a chance to rest.

My Monday (with seemingly little effort) rides are as faster than my others as the legs have rested over the weekend.

Top Bottom