Where do ALL the socks go ??!!!!!!!!

what do you think to socks get up to

• the kids stuff them with candy and hide them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Where do all the socks go in your place?????!!!!!!

Ours seem to fall of the centre of the earth or a much worse place (the washing bin!!!!!:ohmy: :ohmy: )

Aswell it seems there is always only one of each pair in the socks bag

I personly think little elves come and take them and make sleeping bags out of them !!!!!!!!

posted by biggs682 daughter (with his permission)

BearPear

Veteran
My ironing basket is full of odd socks, some I don't ever recall buying. I believe that their partners are on the floordrobe in the kids' rooms (teenagers, pah!!)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
this used to bug the hell out of me, at one point I had nearly 40 single socks in the utility room, none of mine by the way :whistle: So I set out on a mission:-

1. work with each of the boys to tidy their rooms, go through all their clothes etc, including checking duvet covers on the inside
2. do the same for mine and Janes room
3. empty airing cupboard and check everything
4. search every other part of the house I could think of

Oh, I found some socks ok, plenty of them but I still finished up with a pile of about 25 unmatched, though not all 25 were part of the original 40. So I just binned the lot, this was a few years ago and every so often I bin some more. The current pile is about 8 single socks, be due for binning soon.

My only conclusion was, no conclusion, didn't have a scooby, though the more suspicious may wonder why, in a household of 5 people, there's never been an instance of one of my socks going astray....I just haven't got the proof to hang, draw and quarter them for these transgressions

D

Deleted member 1258

Its one of lifes great unsolved mysteries, and no I haven't a clue either, I've been trying to figure out why, if you start with 10 pairs of identical socks in a few months you'll have a few pairs plus a pile of odd socks, for years.

Davidc

Guru
It's the same gremlin that eats teaspoons. It likes socks as a dessert and pens as a starter!

Night Train

Maker of Things
if you live on your own you don't get that problem :smile:

I live on my own and I don't have odd missing socks so that is true.

However, when I have a lot of clothes in the dryer and, say, 10 pairs of different black socks in there and I want a pair of socks out of it, how is it that I have to pull out 11 single black socks before I have a pair?:huh:

Keith Oates

Janner
On most projects I live alone and so there is no problem, but when I go home on leave the ones (and there are many) with holes in them disappear. To be fair my wife then walks in with some new ones as replacements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom