Where do ALL the socks go ??!!!!!!!!

what do you think to socks get up to

• the kids stuff them with candy and hide them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have a large carrier bag of single socks to, I clear them out once a year when it is impossible to match them up.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I live on my own and I don't have odd missing socks so that is true.

However, when I have a lot of clothes in the dryer and, say, 10 pairs of different black socks in there and I want a pair of socks out of it, how is it that I have to pull out 11 single black socks before I have a pair?:huh:

That sounds like a Maths probability exam question....

I feel very odd. I don't tend to suffer odd socks, apart from the odd occasion when one gets down between the end of the bed and the blanket box I 'store' my in use clothes on.

Of course, doing my laundry by hand probably helps, as there is more stringent sock matching at all stages of the laundry process.

C

chillyuk

All my socks are either black for normal wear or white for when wearing shorts. I cannot tell you wether I have an even number of socks or an odd number.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I have a theory. Inside washing machines there can exist a rip in the spacetime continuum. It is called a Needs-Darning hole. These N-D holes have a polarity exactly opposite to that of socks. However once a single sock enters the hole it closes. A pair of socks have matching polarity (this why your feet do not stick together when wearing them) and so the matching sock will never get pulled through the N-D hole should it open again.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
my odd socks like the idea of a sock matching or dating agency , please send all odd socks to

sock agency
1 toe road
big foot
od5 0ck

My washing machine eats socks, it's some sort of global conspiracy for machines to take over. Today it's our socks, tomorrow, who knows.

they are like caterpillars...

...the sock is the larva of the wire coat-hanger

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Angelfishsolo is possibly correct. The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy mentions the same thing happens with biros that slip quietly through wormholes in space to a biro planet. I'm sure there's an odd sock planet out there somewhere, maybe near that asteroid the Clangers live on...:whistle:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Angelfishsolo is possibly correct. The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy mentions the same thing happens with biros that slip quietly through wormholes in space to a biro planet. I'm sure there's an odd sock planet out there somewhere, maybe near that asteroid the Clangers live on...:whistle:

Ahhh that might have been where the idea sub-consciously came from.

Top Bottom