1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you keep your bike at work?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Mister Paul, 15 Aug 2007.

?
  1. On the street outside

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Outside, but in the complex without facilities

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Outside, but secured in specific facilities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. In the building somewhere

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. Inside, within eyesight at all times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

Just interested.

MY current POW has individual, locked and very secure lockers. And shower and locker rooms for both sexes. Which are excellent and about as good as it gets IMO.

Where I'm moving to has nothing. I'm not leaving the bike out on the street in the city centre, so I'm in the process of finding out where inside the building the current cyclists keep their bikes.

2. Mines in the builinding, well if you count the lift room from the basement car park, there's not much room however.

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Mines in a car garage allocated to our office, but we don't the car owners use it so it's full of bikes and motorbikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

Similar here - except that we have shared shower / locker rooms!!!
    ( Wooo Hoooo!! )

(except that only blokes seem to cycle here!!!)

5. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I have the choice of a swipe card bike shed, or a medieval cloister with a metal rail fixed in it for locking bikes to.

Well, it looks like a medieval cloister, but I gather to was actually added in the 30's. And they laid all the stone with the grain running the wrong way, so it's flaking off in big lumps...

6. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

We have a new bike shed with swipe card access. It looks lovely. Except that they left a big enough gap for someone to reach between the panels and operate the emergency door release button. After a break in they have shrouded the button, but it's still a bit of a crappy compromise designed by someone who wasn't quite as clever as they should have been.
    No showers though and changing is in whichever tiny, leaky bog cubicle is free....

7. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

our bike shed has recently been taken over by the smokers (a spiritual home of sorts i guess), so we (well me and the night staff bloke) have moved in with the motorbikes. not a problem other than it's slightly further to walk in cleats.

nice shower facility, with handy radiator for wet days (like today).

8. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

I get to park my bike against a bench in the park, right next to where I work. Lovely!!!

9. janm399

janm399 Über Member

I keep my bike in the server room; its door is right next to my desk, so I can keep an eye on what's going on in there all the time.
    Also, our office is in the same building as our gym, so I take shower and change into civilian clothing there.

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

When i started at my current place, i only had a cheapo second hand full-sus shitter, and i just used to leave it cable-locked to a drainpipe - but one of the other programmers said 'oh, you want to bring it in! leave it in the corridor.', which i then started doing - much to the disgust of one of the secretaries (iirc which i made a thread about back on c+) the (then) director also didn't like it in the corridor due to 'looking untidy if customers are ever here', but he said I could store it in the secretary's office, so she still wasn't happy. She's since made repeated attempts to ban them but on her most recent and concerted one I was completely cold with her and since then one of the directors has designated a new office which was otherwise unused for the bikes so she hasn't dared ban them since.

11. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

your office has got its own park?

12. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

The park is his office Bonj.

13. domd1979

domd1979 New Member

Our building is a quadrangle, and there's 20 or so racks undercover outside in the quadrangle - which means its pretty secure storage as you have to have access to the building to get at it. We have lockers in the corridors, and one shower.

14. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

cleaners room for mine...nice and warm!

15. Old Walrus

Old Walrus Über Member

Shackled to a drainpipe in a covered walkway, lockers in basement, showers on 2nd floor (and the lift is u/s)! Still, keeps the non-cyclists fit.