Where Do You Log Your Mileage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

Everything over 10 miles goes on a spreadsheet.

Everything that is recorded on Egde 605 goes on Garmin Training Centre.

All Audax rides for a series award go on Garmin Basecamp.

When AUK award is complete, gpx files go in a seperate folder on PC and USB HDD.

byegad

Legendary Member
Why bother?

Davidc

Guru
My Cycling Log, along with a plenty of others from here.

Also on a spreadsheet, where the 2 bikes are separate with all the maintenance records.

dodgy

I use SportTracks, completely automated assuming you have a cycle GPS such as Garmin Edge etc. I can't be bothered manually entering in data to a spreadsheet, or even worse a web-site (which might go down). SportTracks obviously is able to tell you not only how far,fast,high,cadence etc etc, but also crucially for me - where you rode.

Anyway, to the question of 'why', for me it's a great motivator to try and beat October 2009s mileage in October 2010, or perhaps ride more ascent in the same month etc.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I don't log mine either. I did buy a computer a couple of years ago but I realised after a short while i wasn't bothered with what it was telling me so i took it off.

zigzag

Veteran
i don't use any logging sites or softwares, just calculate rough estimate. commuting miles + miles from longer rides (>100mi, easy to remember) + few hundred miles from local getting abouts. this year the total will be 5-6k miles.

Had a quick look at Ascent. I presume you are happy with it. Is the mapping reasonable? I am looking for something to download from a Garmin 705 and want a decent mapping software.

thanks

...ish

The use of his system to review does not need excellent mapping, ALl is based on "Virtual Earth", and the US Topo etc do not cover the UK.

The satellite mapping provided is fine, and you can also choose street or hybrid as in this image:

Screenshot2010-10-24at221035.png

I tend to use Bike Route Toaster for planning

Crankarm

Guru
I know roughly how many miles I used to do but that was between me and my bike. I certainly wouldn't give information on my cycle riding habits to any third party website even if it was Garmin.

Fiona N

Veteran
I use Polar training software although I must admit I very rarely ask it to add up the mileage. I'm more interested in comparing HR response over particular routes as a measure of fitness during the year. I don't find mileage to be a particularly good indicator of anything much and anyway the totals wouldn't include any mileage done when I wasn't using a HRM as none of my bikes or trike has a separate odometer.

Top Bottom