Where do you put it all..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

In little specialized saddle bag, 1 tube, 1 patch kit, 2 levers, co2 cannister, multi tool and chain tool, co2 adapter thing. In jersey pocket on longer rides, another co2 cannister and tube. Cannisters are way less than a pound each when you look online. co2 inflaters dot something. All the above could fit in a jersey pocket with ease.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I use a 10ltr rucksack two tubes in either net side pockets along with the levers. Tools and lunch inside the main area. leaves a bit of space for other stuff.

In the summer a smallish saddle bag, pump on the water bottle mount. I do not mind a rucksack in the winter but find them a pain in the summer

surfinmonk

Small Camelback (blowfish) rucksack for wallet, Phone, Lunch, jacket, and spare tubes.
Saddlebag for repair kit/tools and lights.
Pump attached to frame.

D

Deleted member 1258

P1010041.JPG

I have a rear carrier on the fixed I use for commuting, I strap a small bag on that and put in there waterproofs sandwich box glasses and my phone, I also attach the rear lights to the carrier, under the saddle is a small saddle bag containing tools and a spare tube.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
What about using a water bottle cage tool canister. Looks like a water bottle with a screw lid to put your repair esentials inside and carry a small hand pump on the bike frame.

Oops, I should read the entire thread before posting...........

Reactions: Maz

Gez73

Veteran
Dew drop (2) 300.jpg

Saddlebag (medium Topeak wedge). Comes with light mount but I can't use it to mount a light but the rack bag also has a light loop on it!. Rack bag too with drop down panniers. The wedge travels between two bikes with the extra tube being changed on account of different valves. Manual pump attached to bike under a bottle cage. The wedge is ideal and quite sufficient without the rack bag if required.

Matt1705

Über Member
Postie tried to deliver my new rack and panniers today while I was at work. Hopefully I'll be able to pop to the sorting office before work...

Can't wait to not have a sweaty back lol.

daSmirnov

So where do you put all this gear?

I carry a chain-tool, spare chain links, 2xCO2 carts, 1x spare tube (2 on long rides), set of patches, and a multi-tool and 3 tyre levers. They live in a saddle bag, but could quite easily live in my jacket's back pocket. Hardly takes up any space at all.

Failing that you could always get a top-tube bag, or bags that fit into the bottle cage.

When I had by first clunker, I put it all in a plastic cantilever tool box bungeed to the rack. Never went anywhere without it, never knew what was going to break (but new something would)

Herbie

Veteran
Someone posted recently in the bargain thread about a bag that fits inside the triangle of the frame. That might suit you.
Many saddle bags have an loop for attaching an LED rear light. I have a Vaude Race Light saddle bag (got it from Wiggle, but they don't appear to stock anymore). It's got a really good loop that holds my RSP Astrum very securely in a good position.

I've got one of those triangle bags...it works very well

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have an old bidon stuffed with tubes, levers, patches, a couple of appropriate Allen keys and (when fixed) a 15mm spanner.

It sits in my second bottle cage and can be transferred between bikes in 0.37 seconds.

What a great idea, if you are not kidding :smile: can't visualize a water bottle with a neck big enough to fit an inner tube, will look into it when I'm less tired. Thanks.

What a great idea, if you are not kidding :smile: can't visualize a water bottle with a neck big enough to fit an inner tube, will look into it when I'm less tired. Thanks.

Absolutely not kidding - and I copied the bidon thing from some ancient French rider I saw halfway up a mountain decades ago.

I have a bottle that I cut a 'window' in the side of, so things slip in from the side. The mouthpiece thingy was U/S, so it was no good as a bottle any more.

The soup carton thing - those clear plastic ones like huge yohurt cartons, but with replacable lids - also works a treat. The top of the carton is at just the right height to clip under the upright of the cage and hold the thing more firmly than your QRs hold your wheels in place.

No kidding on either front, I promise you. Try it and see.

I've got a small, zippered pouch that a hi-viz vest came in, I put all my tools in that and just move it from pannier to carradice to saddlebag to handbag (swapping tube as appropriate) depending on which bike/bag combination I am taking.

As it's all in one place, it's a moments thought to bring it along and I never go far without some sort of bag.

Top Bottom