Where do you want your ashes spreading ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 3614188, member: 45"]
We scattered my mom's ashes up the Lickey Hills last year. The wind changed as my brother was doing it, which was bizarre and amusing at the same time. And no lumpy bits.[/QUOTE]
It was very windy on the coast for my mum's ceremony. I decided to avoid the risk of getting covered in ash by wading out into the sea and scattering the ashes underwater.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Combined with the ashes of whatever my favourite bicycle is at that time, preferably at the top of a classic cycling mountain.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nowhere, once my organs have been donated to help others/my body is used for medical science, I want to be buried, preferably somewhere nice like in a forest where I can nourish the soil.

Cremation is too final to me.

jack smith

Veteran
I want mine mixed with some gunpowder and put into a bullet, which i then want placed into a terrorist, sounds stupid but i want to give the f*ckers one last goodbye!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Actually no, I've changed my mind: I want my ashes to be poured into the fuel tank of the most arrogant self-entitled motorist existing at the time. I figure that if I spend my life being accused of holding up motorists, I might as well continue it after I'm dead. :evil:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I read a tale in a shooting magazine where the founder of a muzzle-loading club decreed that his ashes should be loaded into the guns of the club members and fired off over the shooting range. That's definitely going out with a bang.

young Ed

Veteran
not sure i want to be cremated to be fair. i think i want my best mate (who ever that be at the time no doubt they will be a farmer or machinery operator) to dig my grave with my own digger on the family farm i will take over out in Sweden and that i be buried there :smile: i feel my hearts in that place and that's where i'm happy
Cheers Ed

subaqua

What’s the point
You do realise that ashes include some quite big solid lumps don't you? There will be one or two bits of you left over at the end.

only if they haven't been cremulated properly afterwards. have worked in 2 crematoriums and they are fascinating places with lots of urban legend that get bustyed in minutes of working there.

i have been inside one of the chambers and 4 weeks after it had been taken out of operation it was still close to 50 degrees inside. thats one time you make sure the permit to work system is robust and you have the keys for the isolations with you !

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I want mine put in a big old metal coffee container, with holes punched in the side of it. This is then put on a bike rack, the bike being somewhere on the roads of Northumberland that I have come to love riding so much. The rider then cycles for as long as he or she wishes, scattering my ashes as they go. :okay:
Or if they can be arsed, they can take them to Galway/Connemara, and do the same (it's where I really belong, I reckon)
The metal canister must have the words "Funk to funky" written thereon :okay:

[QUOTE 3614345, member: 9609"]I am quite tempted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promession - think it would be good to be quickly absorbed back into life.

but we've already bought a hole in the ground, or at least a plot to have a hole in the ground - it's got a good view, hopefully we willnot be moving in for another 50+ years[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read about that when I was living in Sweden, but (at the time) it seemed very expensive.

I'll recheck the price and make an appointment for about 25-30 years time. :smile:

Top Bottom