Where do you want your ashes spreading ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My grandmother wanted her ashes "scattered to the four winds", then added "and hoped they'd blow into the eye of someone she didn't like". I can't really recall her having a bad word for anybody, so whoever her enemies were, she kept it quiet, or didn't want to waste a good quip I guess.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
In the surf at Constantine bay, Cornwall at sunset.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I want mine put in a big old metal coffee container, with holes punched in the side of it. This is then put on a bike rack, the bike being somewhere on the roads of Northumberland that I have come to love riding so much. The rider then cycles for as long as he or she wishes, scattering my ashes as they go. :okay:
Or if they can be arsed, they can take them to Galway/Connemara, and do the same (it's where I really belong, I reckon)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I want mine put in a big old metal coffee container, with holes punched in the side of it. This is then put on a bike rack, the bike being somewhere on the roads of Northumberland that I have come to love riding so much. The rider then cycles for as long as he or she wishes, scattering my ashes as they go. :okay:
Or if they can be arsed, they can take them to Galway/Connemara, and do the same (it's where I really belong, I reckon)
You nicked that idea off @ColinJ
Surely you want mrs goodbody to spread her asses?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
When whatever bits of me are salvaged for someone else's use or food then I want my ashes ground down even more and sprinkled into the water that feeds into the Lagavulin distillery in Islay.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
i have always said i would like my ashes spreading on the Isle of Mull , but tonight i came up with the idea of having them tipped inside one of my bike frames ......

Any thoughts
My mum came from the mainland coast opposite Mull and my dad was stationed up there for a while during WWII and met her. They got married soon afterwards. (I suppose that young people didn't know how long they would survive in wartime and so didn't feel like dithering about with long engagements!)

They used to walk along the local beach together as young lovers. They were together for 62 years. When my dad died we decided to scatter his ashes into the sea from the rocks at one end of the beach. My sister took care of that. Our mum died a few years later and I scattered her ashes into the sea at the other end of the beach. We felt that the two lots of ashes would be swirled about the bay together, symbolising the Scottish woman meeting the English man.

Well, since I am one of the consequences of the union, it would make a certain amount of sense for my ashes to be scattered into the sea from the middle of the beach!

I might ask for some ashes to be held back and discretely scattered from the back of a bike on a tour of Yorkshire and Lancashire ... Ha ha - @Fnaar has posted a similar idea while I have been typing this!

I wish to be turned into a plate, from which cake is consumed.

Top Bottom