Your Funeral

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
mine will be in a carboard box so it can be re cycled .

would like some sade not sure which one and keep it simple and do not spend to much

oh and cremated

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I keep meaning to fill in the forms for a Body Farm style donation but assuming I don't get round to it, a green burial would suit me happily.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I want a simple cremation without a ceremony and to have my ashes divided between two containers.

My surviving family & friends will take their share of my ashes to be scattered in Scotland where my parents' were. If they feel the need for a ceremony, that's up to them, but I will stipulate that it should not be a religious one.

The other half of the ashes will be entrusted to one of you lot because I will have organised one last special forum ride for you! One of you can ziptie the ashes container to the back of your bike. It should have some small holes drilled in it so the ashes end up scattered over my favourite Pennine roads. I'll send you on a tour of some of the best bits of West Yorkshire, Lancashire and North Yorkshire with a trail of geocache clues leading to a buried plastic box containing £200 to spend at a cafe or a pub in some scenic spot in the Yorkshire Dales. Choose a sunny summer day for it and have fun! :hello:

Buried, not cremated (please)
Remove any recyclable bits
Plant a tree on me
Have religion if you want but it means nothing to me - the religious bits will be for you (all funerals are for the benefit of the living)
There must be no wake - none, no gathering on the day; for the grief stricken these occasions are horrendous (I am assuming I will leave some grief-stricken).
When you do gather together and think of me, play Teen Spirit, it will make you feel better... then play The Ballad of Dorothy Parker, 'cos it's ace
If I leave anything of value, divide it equally between my nephews and nieces but sell it - no dividing of things, only divide the money (except for the die-cast Jaguars, they are for my older nephew).
If you must, then give something to a local charity for the homeless, do not spend anything unnecessary on my disposal.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'm quite a traditionalist, so a full RC Requiem, though i don't care what colour peoples' ties are.

I don't care if I burn or get stuck in a hole, but being a choirmaster I would like to have the following three hymns at my funeral

O God beyond all praising (tune: Thaxted)
The Lord's my shepherd (Townend one, not the horribly over played Crimond version)
Goin' Home (Religious setting to Dvorák's music)

Globalti

Legendary Member
A Ghanaian funeral in a bike-shaped coffin. Which could be a bit awkward so I might settle for this:

IMG00044.jpg

Humanist life celebration followed by a bloody big party for everyone. Promession and then scattered to the winds in a favourite place to roam free.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Couldn't care less - I won't be there (in mind) ! :tongue:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
One of you can ziptie the ashes container to the back of your bike. It should have some small holes drilled in it so the ashes end up scattered over my favourite Pennine roads.

Pull the other one Coll, thats just a sneaky way of getting one of us to give you a backie up some stupidly steep hills ^_^

Personally I dont give a monkies what they do with my remains, as long as they keep the sky fairies out of it.

tyred

Legendary Member
I won't be having one. I know I will live forever and will continue in that belief until the day I die.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I dont want to pop anyone balloon, but the idea of a massive party with all your mates getting drunk usually only happens if you die young enough for your friends to be alive and up for a party.

My Grandad is still alive just aged 96. All his friends and contemporaries are either already dead or not up to much partying! I doubt his funeral will be a swinging party even if we put £1,000 behind the bar.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Frozen and shattered, or burned and scattered. Party for those that want to, others can please themselves. :smile:
I like the idea of being gradually scattered over some of my favourite cycling roads.

Top Bottom