Where does your commute take you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Full ride home is very pretty but hilly....

Basingstoke (near the Sony Offices) - Cliddesden - Ellisfield - Bradley - Medstead - Alresford - Avington - Headbourne Worthy - Winchester.

Don't see any regulars, although I'll often see roadies out on a run (usually friendly :cheers:) or MTBers around Cliddesden (often quite grumpy - go figure :sad:)

iacula

Train from Southampton to West Dean. Then cycle from West Dean (Hants) to Winterslow, then to Porton Down. A beautiful quiet ride, except for crossing the A30, not many cars hardly any cyclists. Though there was a guy on a black Specialized racing bike in Winterslow going the other way this morning.12 miles each way.

Duds

Ranger said:
Duds, any further info on that? I have heard rumours of it but nothing concrete and usually ended up catching the train from North Queensferry.

I do cross the Forth road Bridge at about 6.30 to 7am in the winter, I am on an Giant SCR, puffing and sweating my way across in a totally undignified manner

Only thing i know is that it was closed the other day, and a pick-up miraculously appeared and took us across. 5 minute wait.
The driver said it was a reasonably new service due to increased use.

no info on FETA website, but they did recently change footway closure limit from 65mph winds down to 50mph, meaning more closures

yoyo

From Thatcham up any choice of steep hills into the Pang Valley. Then I travel on what must be some of the most idyllic cycling roads imaginable with hardly any traffic until I reach work near Pangbourne. This is 11.2 miles of almost traffic free commuting. Shame my working hours are so long and this commute is only possible in spring / summer.

janm399

Veteran
As I rode through Parrs Wood towards A6 this morning, I saw another roadie ahead of me. I immediately abandoned my easy day, accelerated to 25 mph and passed the chap. He hung on my wheel and we had a really good fast run until I had to turn left right -- d'oh!

The good news is that I could have a guilt-free biscuit with my morning tea when I got to work :smile:

P.S. Same time tomorrow?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
macclesfield to prestbury via bollington. i avoid a lot of traffic by going on the middlewood way and it makes each way undulating in places, rather than the downhill in uphill back nature of just using the roads.

sometimes i get the mtb out and do the bollington-macclesfield stretch on the macclesfield canal towpath.

Niall McL

From Uddingston i've basically got a straight road right through the East end of Glasgow via the Old Glasgow Zoo, Parkhead, Bridgeton, Glasgow Green and then right along the Broomielaw to the heliport at the back of the SECC. Exact same route on the way back.

Top Bottom