Where does your commute take you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Bannockburn to Stirling. 4 miles each way however I find different ways to go home every day to try and string out the ride!

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
mines from tolpuddle to weymouth (32miles a day commute)

i go through affpuddle, warmwell and wairham

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Out of Euston station into MeltonSt/Cardington St then via Gordon St, Malet St, Montague St/Place, Bloomsbury Way to Kingsway then Sardinia St, Carey St and Chancery Lane.

Return via High Holborn, Southampton Row, Woburn Place and Eversholt St.

About 2 miles/12 mins out and slightly shorter, 10 mins, back.

Ovingdeaner

Start in Ovingdean, just to the East of Brighton, then along the cliffs, past the Marina, down onto Madeira Drive and past the pier(s), straight along the seafront, past the King Alfred Centre, along to Hove Lagoon, then inland into West Hove. About 7.5 miles each way. A killer on windy mornings, and we've had too many of them this winter, but going home is a breeze!

gavintc

Guru
I only go one way; from polmont or linlithgow into the city centre most evenings. I never see any cyclists until after Kirkliston and then see a range of bikes between there and Barnton. After Barnton, the Queensferry Rd is just a bit too wide to notice bikes on the far side while dodging the traffic. I wish I had more bikes going the same direction to give me a challenge in the unofficial commuter racing.

Tynan

Veteran
Highams Park - Whipps Cross - Green Man Roundabout - Leytonstone High Road - Mile End Road - London Bridge and back

swarms of other cyclists, especially in the last week, I've had four near collisons in the last week alone

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MadoneRider1991 said:
mines from tolpuddle to weymouth (32miles a day commute)

i go through affpuddle, warmwell and wairham

Know the area well. Used to live in Warmwell and go to school in Puddletown

garrilla

In: Wavertree, Old Swan the Ring Road to Walton, Breeze Hill, Bootle, then into Liverpool on Derby Road and The Strand (9.8 miles)

I have the luxury of setting my own hours so mostly I miss the commuter traffic: good for less cars, bad for fewer cyclists to see. If I have to get in for 9am there is a white Giant SCR2 that whizzes past me, but I'm sure he's got fresh legs.

Out: Central Liverpool, University, Edge Hill, Wavertree (3.4 miles)

Coming home I get to see a lot of Student-types on MTBs jumping lights or pavement riding.

Will be extending my morning ride in the next week going out to Aintree, Thronton, Crosby and then in on the same route. Also planning a new route south from Wavertree to Childwall, Netherly, Halewood and then back in via Speke, Garston Otterspool. But I need t ocheck one or two roads for suitability/maintenance

Downward

Guru
Tynan said:
Highams Park - Whipps Cross - Green Man Roundabout - Leytonstone High Road - Mile End Road - London Bridge and back

swarms of other cyclists, especially in the last week, I've had four near collisons in the last week alone

Spring has sprung and the cyclists are out of Hibernation.
I have seen 2 today already fully dressed up in their team jerseys and sparkly bikes.

Duds

gavintc said:
to give me a challenge in the unofficial commuter racing.

got to love that!

mine is cycling onto the Forth Road bridge and seeing a flashing red light in the distance about to reach the summit....

Can i catch them?

occasionally....! very occasionally!

also enjoy racing past anyone on the short but steep hill before the office, safe in the knowledge that i can collapse at the top because i'm there, and they have to carry on to wherever they are going....!

The Road Bridge is noticeably busier these days, and the Bridge Management have now laid on a pick-up service to transport cyclists across when it is closed due to high winds. This is a new-ish service due to increased cycle use, apparently

Ranger

Duds said:
The Road Bridge is noticeably busier these days, and the Bridge Management have now laid on a pick-up service to transport cyclists across when it is closed due to high winds. This is a new-ish service due to increased cycle use, apparently

Duds, any further info on that? I have heard rumours of it but nothing concrete and usually ended up catching the train from North Queensferry.

I do cross the Forth road Bridge at about 6.30 to 7am in the winter, I am on an Giant SCR, puffing and sweating my way across in a totally undignified manner

col

Legendary Member
Not very interesting compared to most here. very rarely see other cyclists.
Victoria road, stanhope road , woodlands road. there are a few variations on this, just depends what viccy road roundabouts like with traffic.

Top Bottom