Where have all the anti-vaxxers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Such a weak deflection. Some people are having health issues from the vaccine. You can’t deny it. Apparently though it’s so rare it’s worth it.
If you want to talk about weak deflections, look in the mirror! No-one is trying to deny that there are some adverse reactions (implying otherwise is a weak deflection), but that facebook question is going to get loads of reports while being impossible to figure out if it's more or less than normal. It's completely useless horse shoot, yet you repost it here saying we should "smell the coffee". I've a particularly nice batch of Java Caffe on the go right now and it helps me realise that you've reposted misinformation. Maybe you need another snort of coffee before your next post?

markemark

Über Member
There an awful lot of effort here to convince 1 or 2 people to take the vaccine who I guarantee never will.

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
I am very happy to discount all social media posts and even opinions of individual doctors for the sake of using solid research to evaluate vaccine effectiveness.

I think it is useful to scrutinise statistics thoroughly though, so I looked at these, cited earlier, of New York State's vaccinated and unvaccinated covid hospital admissions.
https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-breakthrough-data

The graphs presented are concerning, in more than one respect, and the methodology used and described here,
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037a7.htm?s_cid=mm7037a7_w
is interesting too.

The first thing that struck me about the graph of 'New daily cases over time by vaccination status' was the large upswing in cases for December, because it reminded me that hospitalisations for many vulnerable people are likely to rise in winter.

So I got thinking about the methodology, and checked if the figures were raw data or whether they had been balanced by consideration of pre-existing health conditions, particularly to take into account what percentage of the unvaccinated were people with exemption for health reasons, such as cancer treatment or other immunity weaknesses for example. This had not been done.

I don't know how much difference this would make, but it is good practice in data analysis.

Johnno260

Veteran
I am very happy to discount all social media posts and even opinions of individual doctors for the sake of using solid research to evaluate vaccine effectiveness.

I think it is useful to scrutinise statistics thoroughly though, so I looked at these, cited earlier, of New York State's vaccinated and unvaccinated covid hospital admissions.
https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-breakthrough-data

The graphs presented are concerning, in more than one respect, and the methodology used and described here,
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037a7.htm?s_cid=mm7037a7_w
is interesting too.

The first thing that struck me about the graph of 'New daily cases over time by vaccination status' was the large upswing in cases for December, because it reminded me that hospitalisations for many vulnerable people are likely to rise in winter.

So I got thinking about the methodology, and checked if the figures were raw data or whether they had been balanced by consideration of pre-existing health conditions, particularly to take into account what percentage of the unvaccinated were people with exemption for health reasons, such as cancer treatment or other immunity weaknesses for example. This had not been done.

I don't know how much difference this would make, but it is good practice in data analysis.

You could also argue that many of the vaccinated could be elderly or people with underlaying health issues, it goes both ways.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Facebook is hardly a validated source :rolleyes:
It's valid for us anti-vaxxers who need all the help evidence we can get :whistle:
Such a weak deflection. Some people are having health issues from the vaccine. You can’t deny it. Apparently though it’s so rare it’s worth it.
Deaths from Covid19 are rare too... I'm thinking about doing a Boris and going to an ICU to shake everyone's hand... after all... I've survived three vaccination jabs... I'm sure I'll survive a few handshakes :okay:

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
You could also argue that many of the vaccinated could be elderly or people with underlaying health issues, it goes both ways.
I realise that - it was why I wondered about the number of people unvaccinated for health reasons. Such health reasons as cancer treatment or immune deficiency would skew the findings more than something that would occur in both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations, particularly as the total percentage of people in hospital with covid is a very low fraction of the total healthy population.

Johnno260

Veteran
I realise that - it was why I wondered about the number of people unvaccinated for health reasons. Such health reasons as cancer treatment or immune deficiency would skew the findings more than something that would occur in both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations, particularly as the total percentage of people in hospital with covid is a very low fraction of the total healthy population.

That’s why people use excess mortality rates.

Reactions: C R

Milzy

Guru
Some of them may be in line for the Darwin Award by the end of this.
Like the ones who died from complications from the vaccines? If people make the wrong choice it’s unlucky,I wouldn’t go as far as a Darwin Award that’s way too harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom