Where is Ignore Nodes now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Is there not a way of doing a collective ignoring of nodes, like there was previously? You used to be able to just tick boxes and they would all be ignored. I used to ignore a lot and now they’ve all come back into view!

That's what im trying to sort too.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@meta lon but you have the option: should you click on the ignore button in your latest screenshot, the cafe one, you would ignore all of the cafe threads.
Should you go into cafe, in say, the Tea thread, you could then ignore just the Tea thread, while seeing all the others in your news feed.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The new software put this forum onto my ignore list, but I don't think it was there before. Going into each individual forum to ignore it is a pain, particularly because Shaun has done the usual admin's thing of inventing a whole load of new forums which I know need to ferret out.

The ad count seems to have gone up again, too.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Is there not a way of doing a collective ignoring of nodes, like there was previously? You used to be able to just tick boxes and they would all be ignored. I used to ignore a lot and now they’ve all come back into view!
Yes, there is, see my response to Meta above.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Yes, there is, see my response to Meta above.
That's not an answer to the question asked. You used to be able to go to a list of *all* forums and choose to opt in and out of some of them, all at once. You now seem to have to go specifically to the forum you want to ignore. Which, incidentally, makes it much more difficult to opt back in to specific forums. To find this "site support" forum I had to find a specific link to it.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Oh, I see.
I'll report to Shaun about this.

Thank you

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
That's not an answer to the question asked. You used to be able to go to a list of *all* forums and choose to opt in and out of some of them, all at once. You now seem to have to go specifically to the forum you want to ignore. Which, incidentally, makes it much more difficult to opt back in to specific forums. To find this "site support" forum I had to find a specific link to it.

To opt back in go to Preferences > Ignoring. The opted out forum will show in the list. Click the Bin symbol and you are opted back in.

Shaun

Founder
Unfortunately I had to replace the ignore add-on as the developer did not create a new version for XF2.1

I did try to copy the previous ignore data from the old add-on into the new one, but it doesn't appear to have worked. Sorry.

I'll look at whether the new one can show all forums at once, or if there's an alternative one that can.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Unfortunately I had to replace the ignore add-on as the developer did not create a new version for XF2.1

I did try to copy the previous ignore data from the old add-on into the new one, but it doesn't appear to have worked. Sorry.

I'll look at whether the new one can show all forums at once, or if there's an alternative one that can.
No big deal, @Shaun, at least not for me. There are more important forum issues than this, I'm sure. Thanks from me also for doing such a great job on the new forum layout.

gavgav

Guru

Not to worry, thumbs up for the new layout, looks good

Top Bottom