Where to buy mobile phone from

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhythMick

Über Member
After buying a Samsung Galaxy S3 sim-free, will be moving to Giffgaff as soon as my vodafone contract runs out. My S2 will be going to my 14 year old son.

I resisted the cheaper but dodgier options and ordered through Expansys, because I thought their customer service would be better. 5 days later I found the phone was in stock but the free car charger I didn't know about was out of stock, and they'd delayed the order because of it. Sigh.

Cancelled and went with Clove, who have already shipped it.

Any other recommendations for companies that give decent service?

ASC1951

Guru
Any other recommendations for companies that give decent service?
Handtec http://www.handtec.co.uk/
Disclaimer - I have never bought a mobile phone, full stop, but I have bought GPS stuff from Handtec and found them excellent. Keen prices, too.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Iv always found Expansys to be excellent, and on the one occasion I needed to return a phone they were extremely helpful and id not hesitate to use them again. However, saying that, I now just upgrade at CPWH as their phones are standard and not messed about with as the carriers do.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Iv always found Expansys to be excellent, and on the one occasion I needed to return a phone they were extremely helpful and id not hesitate to use them again. However, saying that, I now just upgrade at CPWH as their phones are standard and not messed about with as the carriers do.

Reading that Lisa if I didn't know you better i could almost think you know what you are talking about

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Dialaphone for contract phones with the big 4 networks . Cheaper than Carphone and cheaper than Phones4U - even though they're part of the same group.

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
I purchased a black S3 off a bloke on eBay. Sounds risky but I thought I'd take chance with the PayPal protection behind me. Arrived within 5 days, claimed to be from a London warehouse but who knows. Important thing is it works, great service and looks better than UK standard blue or white. £80 cheaper than buying SIM free from a UK store. Let me know if you want his eBay shop name.

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Clove service was excellent. Phone arrived next day. Price was £420 so not quite the cheapest. I'd rather pay a reasonable amount and get good service than scrape the barrel and get left high and dry with an issue though.

Top Bottom