Where to buy new bolts in black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I am building a new bike with all black as the theme. I would like good quality bolts for things like the mudguards, cages, rack etc in black but also good quality

What I find online is hard to assess but essentially I want this sort of thing in black, that won't rust in the relevant sizes and lengths. Must be decent quality - link that follow is only for the pic

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Titanium...e7:m:m5-t3Fli5QXgPdm1LBI8JPA&var=422927187216

suggestions as to what I need and where to get gratefully received

Jay

classic33

Leg End Member
Halfords, Screwfix.
Or if no japanned available, paint.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am a big fan of Amazon, specifically ones sold by ‘bolt base’. I have not been so lucky with the seller ‘AHC Camberly’ their hardware for a climbing wall rusted and broke in a few short weeks,

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I am certainly not painting them! And the Amazon ones above are titanium and £10 for 4.

The eBay ones are button heads and don't look like huge quality

I am not a metallurgist, but is there such a thing as good quality in black that won't rust?

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
a
I am a big fan of Amazon, specifically ones sold by ‘bolt base’. I have not been so lucky with the seller ‘AHC Camberly’ their hardware for a climbing wall rusted and broke in a few short weeks,
thanks for the Bolt Base recommendation - i have ordered a range of likely looking ones

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
The only stainless steel black coloured socket head allen bolts in M4 (bottle cage size) I can find are these......

Never used the company myself though.

The only other ones I found were in hi tensile steel and they'll rust soon as you breath on them.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Generally yep. Watch the rear rack bolts though. Spa made the decision to use an M5 bolt on the bottom rack mounts on their tourers so might be worth checking if Ridgeback have done similar. Unlikely though.
cheers. I have got the frame so I will check!

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Also I've just noticed that that shops default size in length for that bolt is 8mm which is probably too short for mudguard/rack bosses. I'd suggest going to 12 or 14mm if ordering from there.

Top Bottom