Where to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Another thread got me thinking ,where would be the best place to get a laptop from,i want it internet ready able to connect to a router and play games on,i dont use the web to buy,and wondered what you guys recommend as far as shops are concerned?

mr Mag00

rising member
i dont know where you are based but if you can get to a novatech shop. i have purchased from them for nearly 10 years and found them to excellent value and great customer service

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
mr Mag00 said:
i dont know where you are based but if you can get to a novatech shop. i have purchased from them for nearly 10 years and found them to excellent value and great customer service

I dont know if we have them nearby,but ill see if there are any near us.I forgot to mention,i want it with xp too. cheers :smile:
Unless someone can convince me vista isnt as problamatic as it sounds?

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Unfortunately there are no novatech anywhere near according to their website,thanks anyway.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
mr Mag00 said:
i have seen nothing in vista that makes me what to 'upgrade'

Im just wondering too,is xp still available already on laptops,it seems they are going to stop selling it in june?And cant seem to find any with it already on?They all have vista.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
mr Mag00 said:
yh novatech do :smile:

Bugger:sad:;)

Willow

We've bought from John Lewis for my son. Great machine, warranty 2 years £50 for an extra year. The person I buy through at work says to avoid pc world they apparently buy out the warranty from the manufacturer and theirs is pants (her choice of word not mine!)

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Willow said:
We've bought from John Lewis for my son. Great machine, warranty 2 years £50 for an extra year. The person I buy through at work says to avoid pc world they apparently buy out the warranty from the manufacturer and theirs is pants (her choice of word not mine!)

Thanks Willow,nearest one to me is newcastle,but i might be popping through there one day before christmas,so could have a look then:smile:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
mr Mag00 said:
yh avoid the purple shirted ones. are there any reasons why you wont buy online col. your business if you dont wish to say.

Purple shirted ones?
Its what MLML PREFERS NOT TO DO,SHE HAS HEARD HORROR STORIES ABOUT FUNDS GOING MISSING,AND MONEY TAKEN FROM ACCOUNTS WHEN IT WASNT AUTHORISED,HAPPENED TO OUR SISTER IN LAW RECENTLY,AND IT TOOK A WHILE FOR HER TO GET IT BACK,oops caps lock sorry:blush:

simonali

Guru
Find a cheap place online that has a physical shop and get JL to price match. "Never knowingly undersold".

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I don't know if your reservations extend to ordering by phone, but I've bought all my IT stuff from Misco.co.uk for years, and they're brilliant. You can order online or by phone as you prefer, and if you ring you'll find you're talking to someone who really knows their stuff and is genuinely keen to help you find the right thing. (Very keen prices too.)

Top Bottom